Falling block action build along

Go on.......you know you want to...no point spending sleepless nights thinking of it......:whistle::D
They are all sleepless nights Mike unless they are submerged in whiskey!

Here is the stock blank for the 6.5X65R barreled action. Well selected by the customer. Should turn a stunner of a stock. I won't be stocking it. That will be done by Aaron Little. Very talented and will do a fantastic job.

Attachments

• slfb50_zpscnwyqxkh.jpg
    slfb50_zpscnwyqxkh.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 133
  • slfb51_zpsc6qglupc.jpg
    slfb51_zpsc6qglupc.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 137
  • slfb52_zpsu80eqg7r.jpg
    slfb52_zpsu80eqg7r.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the stock blank for the 6.5X65R barreled action. Well selected by the customer. Should turn a stunner of a stock. I won't be stocking it. That will be done by Aaron Little. Very talented and will do a fantastic job.

Bailey Bradshaw
You are a true perfectionist, your work and commitment to quality is outstanding.
You are a great gunsmith that should be elevated to the guild of master craftsman in line with the likes of H&H and Purdy. I would hate to imagine the cost of such a rifle but as the saying goes if you have to ask you probably can't afford it.
Keep up the great work you are doing a great job.
Cheers mate Bob

Bailey Bradshaw
You are a true perfectionist, your work and commitment to quality is outstanding.
You are a great gunsmith that should be elevated to the guild of master craftsman in line with the likes of H&H and Purdy. I would hate to imagine the cost of such a rifle but as the saying goes if you have to ask you probably can't afford it.
Keep up the great work you are doing a great job.
Cheers mate Bob

I think his work is really amazing as well. I looked at his prices out of curiosity and he is asking about half of what I assumed he would. If I could justify the cost right now I would pull the trigger; surely his prices will go up over time.

I would like to build a long range black powder cartridge rifle on this action.
461 gibbs would be the biggest desire, but for availability of cases 45/2.6" sharps would do fine.

.275 Rigby for me please. If I could justify a pair add a .35 Whelen. That should cover 98% of the game a single shot is appropriate for.

it would also make a nice 7mmstw trophy hunting rifle.
or a 9.3x74.
or 7x64 rimmed.
or even a 500 nitro if built accordingly.
or lots of things really.
bruce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg