Falling block action build along

Go on.......you know you want to...no point spending sleepless nights thinking of it......:whistle::D
They are all sleepless nights Mike unless they are submerged in whiskey!
 
Here is the stock blank for the 6.5X65R barreled action. Well selected by the customer. Should turn a stunner of a stock. I won't be stocking it. That will be done by Aaron Little. Very talented and will do a fantastic job.





 

Attachments

  • slfb50_zpscnwyqxkh.jpg
    slfb50_zpscnwyqxkh.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 236
  • slfb51_zpsc6qglupc.jpg
    slfb51_zpsc6qglupc.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 228
  • slfb52_zpsu80eqg7r.jpg
    slfb52_zpsu80eqg7r.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the stock blank for the 6.5X65R barreled action. Well selected by the customer. Should turn a stunner of a stock. I won't be stocking it. That will be done by Aaron Little. Very talented and will do a fantastic job.





Bailey Bradshaw
You are a true perfectionist, your work and commitment to quality is outstanding.
You are a great gunsmith that should be elevated to the guild of master craftsman in line with the likes of H&H and Purdy. I would hate to imagine the cost of such a rifle but as the saying goes if you have to ask you probably can't afford it.
Keep up the great work you are doing a great job.
Cheers mate Bob
 
Bailey Bradshaw
You are a true perfectionist, your work and commitment to quality is outstanding.
You are a great gunsmith that should be elevated to the guild of master craftsman in line with the likes of H&H and Purdy. I would hate to imagine the cost of such a rifle but as the saying goes if you have to ask you probably can't afford it.
Keep up the great work you are doing a great job.
Cheers mate Bob

I think his work is really amazing as well. I looked at his prices out of curiosity and he is asking about half of what I assumed he would. If I could justify the cost right now I would pull the trigger; surely his prices will go up over time.
 
I would like to build a long range black powder cartridge rifle on this action.
461 gibbs would be the biggest desire, but for availability of cases 45/2.6" sharps would do fine.
 
.275 Rigby for me please. If I could justify a pair add a .35 Whelen. That should cover 98% of the game a single shot is appropriate for.
 
it would also make a nice 7mmstw trophy hunting rifle.
or a 9.3x74.
or 7x64 rimmed.
or even a 500 nitro if built accordingly.
or lots of things really.
bruce.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,298
Messages
1,571,007
Members
169,090
Latest member
feiniwarrde1971
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top