Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Ducks unlimited
Hunted
U.S.A. South africa
So I am pretty sure I am jumping the gun here as my hunt is not until may 23. I have been looking at the shiels some people are using for their euro mounts and have started making my own. What do you think of the design? This shield is just over 6' tall and 20" wide and made from Khaya "african mahogany"
44BFF116-0E93-4965-808C-2DA9E431081B.jpeg

Last edited:
So I am pretty sure I am jumping the gun here as my hunt is not until may 23. I have been looking at the shiels some people are using for their euro mounts and have started making my own. What do you think of the design? This shield is just over 6' tall and 20" wide and made from Khaya "african mahogany"
Where's the photo?

Looks good to me. Are you planning on always leaning it in a corner or will you make it self standing ? I'd want it to be at least stand alone if needed for stability especially after adding skulls to it. Might make it unbalanced and I'd hate to see it fall over and damage the skulls.

Looks good to me. Are you planning on always leaning it in a corner or will you make it self standing ? I'd want it to be at least stand alone if needed for stability especially after adding skulls to it. Might make it unbalanced and I'd hate to see it fall over and damage the skulls.
I will be making a stand with spears. I just leaned it up for the photo.

I like your planning ahead! It looks good!

Looks great. That is taking "enjoy the planning" to a whole new level!

Nice design and nice looking piece of wood. Always good to plan and be ahead !

Here is mine. The base is shaped like Africa. :)

Shield.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg