Ethics and Legality?

What would Cecil do? Would he hunt the calf or the cow?

Seriously though, I think it depends. Like @Saul said, there's probably a reason why the biologist is saying this and it is legal. It could be that there's just too many elk. I would talk to the local game warden in the area to get their take before I made the call.

Biology Questions: At what age does a Cow Moose ween her calf? In Texas you don't see a great deal of moose and therefore don't know.

Generally speaking moose calves are weaned at about 5-6 months of age. A calf could hypothetically survive without it's mother's milk from the time it is about 4 months old, but would be unlikely to due to predation. In most areas where moose are found there are enough large predators such as wolf, bear and mountain lion that a moose calf less than a year old would be very likely to end up getting "recycled". Just my opinion, not stating scientific fact.

Thanks for the info (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross