Ethics and Legality?

What would Cecil do? Would he hunt the calf or the cow?

Seriously though, I think it depends. Like @Saul said, there's probably a reason why the biologist is saying this and it is legal. It could be that there's just too many elk. I would talk to the local game warden in the area to get their take before I made the call.
 
Biology Questions: At what age does a Cow Moose ween her calf? In Texas you don't see a great deal of moose and therefore don't know.
 
Generally speaking moose calves are weaned at about 5-6 months of age. A calf could hypothetically survive without it's mother's milk from the time it is about 4 months old, but would be unlikely to due to predation. In most areas where moose are found there are enough large predators such as wolf, bear and mountain lion that a moose calf less than a year old would be very likely to end up getting "recycled". Just my opinion, not stating scientific fact.
 
Thanks for the info (y)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,302
Messages
1,572,148
Members
169,497
Latest member
FerdinandL
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top