Elephants with the largest tusks

The days of 100 pounders are gone I’m afraid and even if you do find one please don’t shoot it unless you can see it is starting to die of hunger from old age/ worn molars. We need the gene pool.
Focus on a good hunt and be happy with 60-70 pounds which is still a challenge.
I have no problem if you want to let a 100 pounder walk on by... But his sons and grandsons are already breeding, so I won't use that argument to let him go. ;)
And you won't get 100 pounders if you shoot the 60-70 pounders!
But seriously, elephants of age are impressive animals!

I have no problem if you want to let a 100 pounder walk on by... But his sons and grandsons are already breeding, so I won't use that argument to let him go. ;)
And you won't get 100 pounders if you shoot the 60-70 pounders!
But seriously, elephants of age are impressive animals!
This reminds me of the joke about the 4 bulls standing in a field looking down at a herd of cows-
The youngest says “let’s run down there jump the fence and sort the herd out!”
Second oldest says “ let’s stroll down there when the farmer opens the gate”
Third oldest say “ let’s wait for the cows to come up here and drink water”.
The oldest bull looks on and says “ let’s hide behind the water trough and perhaps they won’t see us!”

The point is be happy and content with a 60 pounder. Leave the old boys in peace!

Where can we find huntable Elephants with the largest tusks? Country and hunting area, and which outfitters have the hunting rights in these areas?

has not shot an elephant yet and then immediately the biggest one running around.
Ambitious goal
I would first put 100.000 USD on the side and then ask the question again.

It seems so "once in a lifetime" that I'd have a hell of a time passing a hundred pounder lol .
But on my budget I'd be lucky to afford a decent wart hog with ten inch tusks lol.
I wish you all the luck in the world on your quest!! As long as you post pictures!!!

I did opposite, did a Zim PAC, his ivory was 45+ but same as hunting an elusive 90+. Hunt a specific bull, it was an AWESOME hunt and experience, not at night and not an easy hunt, but so much fun. Will do again, I am not one with unlimited funds (do wish), PAC for a few years equals costs for one 90+ in the areas listed above, I can only dream of hunting 60 lbs + as TV hunts go.

Good luck to anyone looking for that monster (whatever that means to you). Threads like this keep me dreaming.

MB

I have been offered a license for a 50 pound bull in the Kruger area, no age limit.
Maybe I should take it........

Good idea or save up and go to Botswana.......

Hi all.
Does anyone know anything about the trophy quality on the Elephant in the Kruger Park / Balule reserve? What can be expected to find?

The days of 100 pounders are gone I’m afraid and even if you do find one please don’t shoot it unless you can see it is starting to die of hunger from old age/ worn molars. We need the gene pool.
Focus on a good hunt and be happy with 60-70 pounds which is still a challenge.
Thank goodness there is another person who believes that the biggest bulls should be off limits. Now there are two of us.

Jeff

Hi all.
Does anyone know anything about the trophy quality on the Elephant in the Kruger Park / Balule reserve? What can be expected to find?
1599679938391.png

You may well see a hundred pounder but if you look at the location on the map that would be highly unlikely....photos only.....

If you are are talking hunting size, well that is something entirely different as you will be restricted on age and size you may hunt. They also have a low hunting quota, 6 if my memory serves me correct....

Hunt a elephant you can, but expect a bull 20-30 years old about 30-35 lbs....

You want a old heavy tusker, book a Botswana hunt, NG41 or NG 43, your best chance of hunting a large heavy tusked bull, forget about large tuskers in SA

Totally agree with IvW. Kwatale took our first bull in NG43 since the reopening last week. I’ll be posting story and photos as soon as we finish our sponsorship registration with Jerome.

Hi.
I have been offered an elephant hunt in the Machaze District of Manica Province in western Mozambique. Does anyone here know anything about the population and quality on ivory in this area?

With which outfit? What price?
Ivory not very heavy, shorter fatter tusks.....

You want big heavy ivory Botswana is the place to go at the moment.....

NH, you have been on AH since 2013 and precious little activity. Just one question before everyone gets wound up on this huge elephant - are you serious? No offence meant, but really this is not sounding that way. If you want the biggest tusker going I am sure he is probably known about and maybe others are in the line too. Contact a serious outfitter and do the proper homework because this wont be cheap.

I did opposite, did a Zim PAC, his ivory was 45+ but same as hunting an elusive 90+. Hunt a specific bull, it was an AWESOME hunt and experience, not at night and not an easy hunt, but so much fun. Will do again, I am not one with unlimited funds (do wish), PAC for a few years equals costs for one 90+ in the areas listed above, I can only dream of hunting 60 lbs + as TV hunts go.

Good luck to anyone looking for that monster (whatever that means to you). Threads like this keep me dreaming.

MB
Hoe did you manage doing a legal PAC elephant hunt in Zim? Seeing as you are from BC Canada?

NH, you have been on AH since 2013 and precious little activity. Just one question before everyone gets wound up on this huge elephant - are you serious? No offence meant, but really this is not sounding that way. If you want the biggest tusker going I am sure he is probably known about and maybe others are in the line too. Contact a serious outfitter and do the proper homework because this wont be cheap.
My title on this thread does not refer to shooting the biggest elephant! It's just to learn more about where the big elephants are. I want first and foremost to hunt an elephant with my feet, and if i’ am lucky to shoot an elephant of 45-60 pounds I will be very happy. Sorry if I offended you in any way. To learn, one must dare to ask.

I know the area you mention, you will not hunt any respectable elephant there south of the Save river. Only elephants there come through from Zim at night to raid the villagers shambas and stocked grain piles at night.....
Some crocs, some very illusive hippo and land mines and lalapalm wine makers....
Forget about elephant hunting there.....
You will hear a lot of drum beating at night in the dry season....villagers warning each other at night about raiding elehant....you will find elephant dung and tracks ofyouger raider bulls leading you back to Zim....

Pay more book a elephant hunt in Botswana...chances are if you book the right area with the right outfit 70lbs plus is possible....but you will pay more....

My title on this thread does not refer to shooting the biggest elephant! It's just to learn more about where the big elephants are. I want first and foremost to hunt an elephant with my feet, and if i’ am lucky to shoot an elephant of 45-60 pounds I will be very happy. Sorry if I offended you in any way. To learn, one must dare to ask.
No offence taken NH. I am not the elephant expert, I have never even hunted one. Listen to IvW, he will point you in the right direction.
Do you intend to use a double rifle? Here on AH we like to get involved in the preparation and excitement of the whole hunt experience, so we ask such questions!

Hi.
I have been offered an elephant hunt in the Machaze District of Manica Province in western Mozambique. Does anyone here know anything about the population and quality on ivory in this area?
I have sent you PM, please stay away to avoid losing money and not hunting anything let alone an elephant.....
Many many better options for an Elephant hunt....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross