Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA
Hunted
USA, RSA
I’m going to look at options for Mozambique swamp Buffalo, Croc and Hippo. Any outfitters I should spend time with? Unfortunately, I don’t think I can do Hippo in Moz ...

Mashambanzou Safaris for sure.

Talk to @Buff-Buster . I believe he will be at their booth again this year. Heck of an outfit .

Oh and make sure that you ask Wes about all of the hoops he had to jump through in order to get his hippo replica imported from Moz. :E Lol:

Check out @traditdional mozambique safaris and Boddignton's guy, Mark Haldane( he does the swamp hunts). I believe he will be in Dallas. Right now, the door is open for Moz hippo, just has to be finalized by USFW I believe.

Last edited:
Traditional Mozambique safaris and Mashambanzou Safaris could both give you a great experience. Mashambanzou hunts the swamps for buff and they shot some gigantic crocs this year. I have two hunt reports of hunts with them on the site - one from this year. Richard Kok is one of Grant Taylor's primary PHs and he will be at their booth and should be at our dinner Friday evening. https://www.mashambanzousafaris.com/ The 2017 gallery is worth a look.

Last edited:
Mashambanzou Safaris for sure.

Talk to @Buff-Buster . I believe he will be at their booth again this year. Heck of an outfit .
We'll be in booth 425 at DSC and booth 1050 at HSC! Come on by and visit!

Thank you all for the feedback. I’ll check out the booths and people mentioned and will also be at the dinner.

Kwalata Wilderness Safaris - Jaco Strauss

Guaranteed good time! :A Banana Sad:
downloadfile-23.jpg

That is so wrong.

I completely expect you get my :S Censored: kicked at the show now. :A Bonk:

I’m going to look at options for Mozambique swamp Buffalo, Croc and Hippo. Any outfitters I should spend time with? Unfortunately, I don’t think I can do Hippo in Moz ...
Dear flat8
We are exhibitors at the DSC, booth 2500 - Elleni and Jacques is looking forward being of assistance during the planning process.
Enjoy the fun and excitement what DSC offers.

We strongly recommend you considering attending the Seminar presented by Mr Terry Blauwkamp on "Tips for Trips to Africa". Mr Terry Blauwkamp travels on a yearly basis to Africa (and stay for several weeks). Lately, he travels 2x per year to Africa. He has nothing to sell, but only shares his travel and hunting experiences with others.
This is a very informative Seminar, presented Friday and Saturday, both days on 11:00 - 12:00

African Tips for Trips seminar: Presented by Terry Blauwkamp:
DSC’s Reloading Editor, veteran of numerous African safaris and author of African Tips for Trips, Terry Blauwkamp, offers tips for the first timer or veteran safari hunter planning an African safari. Also includes a rundown on the requirements of the South African Firearms Control Act and what you need to do to bring your own firearms to Africa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?