DSC Big Bore Shoot

Can someone under 60 help me out? lol

Can someone under 60 help me out? lol
I would recommend that you go through the process again as the summary page before checking out may not have loaded properly. If you're still experiencing the same issue try using a different browser as this may fix the problem.

Screen Shot 2018-05-10 at 8.29.27 PM.png

Last edited:
Did it twice more from my laptop and once from my phone. Even tried non-member vs public.

Always end up with just the "previous" button on the last page. Can't seem to get the checkout button.

Maybe Cody or Royal can register me...

Personally, I think it is a conspiracy to keep the Single Shot rifle off the playing field!

For those of you around Houston, Gordy's is having an anniversary celebration and cook out 12 until closing this Sat, 4/12. If I weren't 500 miles away, I would be there!

For those of you around Houston, Gordy's is having an anniversary celebration and cook out 12 until closing this Sat, 4/12. If I weren't 500 miles away, I would be there!
Dammit, my flight doesn't get in til 7:30!

So, inquiring minds would like to know.
What is the format for this shoot?

If my memory serves correct Brickburn, first buffalo is at 70 yards, there is a large(8") dot behind the shoulder and a smaller maybe 3" dot on the head big dot is 2 pts, small is 3 pts. This is fired off sticks. Next I believe was same target but offhand at 40 yards. The last target is a mover, not much time, two shots is about all you can manage.

Finally registered.

Required something in the "Organization" field.

My (much smarter than me) wife finally figured it out!

Now I just need to get her to buy me that Heym 450-400 in the Classified section...

I've already thought of my excuse!

My rifle hasn't been sighted in since Zimbabwe...

I now have the ultimate excuse for poor shooting tomorrow.

I just spent a half hour folding laundry...including women's skivvies! :eek::eek:

I now have the ultimate excuse for poor shooting tomorrow.

I just spent a half hour folding laundry...including women's skivvies! :eek::eek:
Me too! They just threw my ass out of Victoria’s Secret! Guess I will go home now!

Nice looking loading block Tarbe.
Did you make it or buy it? Interested in doing something similar.
Cheers.

Nice looking loading block Tarbe.
Did you make it or buy it? Interested in doing something similar.
Cheers.
Made it from a leftover chunk of 2x10

Had a great time with @tarbe at the shoot! We drove up this morning, shot, ate lunch and drove back to Houston. Only stopped at one gun store. Wish more of you guys could have made it!

Had a great time with @tarbe at the shoot! We drove up this morning, shot, ate lunch and drove back to Houston. Only stopped at one gun store. Wish more of you guys could have made it!
If you hadn't spent so much time at Victoria's Secret, you probably would have had time for one or two more gun shop stops!

Always good to hang out with gun guys and talk about hunting Africa.

The weather even gave us a bit of a break. We had some clouds, and I don't think it got above 85 or so by the time we were done (3 days ago they were calling for 97!).

Cody and I both shot while standing on one foot to give the other guys a chance to compete.

Mission accomplished!! :whistle:

This sounds cool. Only have a 9.3 double though, don’t think my 458 bolt would do well.

This sounds cool. Only have a 9.3 double though, don’t think my 458 bolt would do well.

There were all sorts of rigs there. Bolt guns, single shots and doubles with everything from iron sights to 3-12x Swarovski.

You are really only shooting against yourself. It is just great to get around kindred spirits. No pressure to perform.

Was drinking and B.S. the main targets???

Was drinking and B.S. the main targets???

Not at all...unless you count water and Gatorade as "drinking"!

Actually, there were a lot of discussions related to firearms, bullet performance, sighting options, hunting trips (past and present), etc.

There was even a lady shooting. And this lady was quite ready to show me pics from her recent safari, including pics of the Leopard she shot!

Oh, and some really nice guns!

Cody and I were both totally drooling over a 450-400 NE Heym with upgraded wood and engraving owned by a fellow from the Woodlands. Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!