DSC 2025 in Atlanta....are you going?

Are you planning to attend the DSC convention in Atlanta in 2025?

• Yes

Votes: 34 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 53 44.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 31 26.3%

• Total voters
Whst are the dates of the 2 shows next year?
Pretty sure this is accurate

IMG_4951.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The other reasons I am not planning on Atlanta:
1. Fanni Willis
2. Atlanta making the move of the MLB All Star Game
I went to the shot show in 98 when it was in Atlanta. A number of people borrowed mounts from us to use in their booth. I used Betty Krieghoff’s badge to get in. It was a heck of an event for an 8th grader.

Then the Mayor of Atlanta decided it would be a good idea to sue the gun industry. No more shot show in Atlanta.

. . . What if the new owners of the new Dallas convention center project say, "we don't want your kind" when DSC is ready to come back? I think that scenario is quite possible. I would like to know what Plan B is. . .
I think the new owners are the same as the old owners, the City of Dallas. DSC brings in too much revenue for "we don't want your kind" even through the current and future Dallas City Council might not be the most hunter friendly.

I was told that San Antonio was only available for 1 year of the January dates, and ATL was able to give DSC January dates BEFORE SCI.

And the San Antonio City Council and Bexar County Commissioners Court are NOT gun friendly.

So, had a quick look at the location of the venue. Seems its in midtown Atlanta. On review, its says that it quite safe as midtown is seen as one of the upper class areas. Can only say that this is what I got from the research.

So, had a quick look at the location of the venue. Seems its in midtown Atlanta. On review, its says that it quite safe as midtown is seen as one of the upper class areas. Can only say that this is what I got from the research.

Midtown is very nice. Great restaurants and shops.

When I worked for TKE, we had a lot of meetings, conferences, training and our finance HQ in that area. We never had any issues. I would walk to restaurants in the area at night and uber/lyft was always easily available.

Safe travels

Its been decades... but I spent several months at Ft. Benning (about an hour and a half South of Atlanta) on a couple of different occasions.. the majority of our weekends were spent in Atlanta..

I also lived about 3 hours north of Atlanta about 8 years ago (lived there for a little more than 10 years) and we frequented Atlanta the entire time we were there (great place to spend a weekend... the Ritz Carlton there is exquisite.. there are numerous really great restaurants and entertainment venues in the Buckhead neighborhood in Atlanta that we liked, etc..

Like any major city, there are parts of it you dont want to go into...

But also like any major city.. there are also parts that are very nice, have low crime rates, are clean, and have things to offer (even our worst cities like Memphis, Baltimore, Detroit, etc.. have some incredible things to see, great restaurants to eat at, some cool history, etc.. those cities generally do a pretty decent job of keeping those parts of town safe and secure)...

Dont get me wrong.. Atlanta is NOT where I would have moved DSC for the next 3 years.. I can think of 20 cities that I would personally prefer that also make a whole lot more sense to me in terms of location, what vendors and convention goers would enjoy, etc..

But... there are parts of Dallas you probably shouldnt be wandering around in at 2AM by yourself.. the convention center isnt near any of them...

and there are parts of Atlanta you shouldnt be wandering around at 2AM by yourself.. but.. their convention center isnt near those areas either..

live less than a hr from the site I defiantly plan on making it to it.

We live about the same distance to Alanta as Dallas. Atlanta is a definite NO.. We would go to Nashville before Atlanta.. We went to DSC and the AH dinner this year..

Did they give a reason for it being in ATL for the next 3 years? I missed this one this year in Dallas. Sick toddler is way more fun than DSC :LOL:

I believe the convention center is being torn down..

Thats correct..

they are renovating the convention center and demolishing parts of it and building from the ground up..

it will continue to be able to host smaller scale events for most of the renovation and rebuild process.. but DSC is too big.. so they had to move somewhere else for a few year (likely 5) before Dallas will be available again..

Did they give a reason for it being in ATL for the next 3 years? I missed this one this year in Dallas. Sick toddler is way more fun than DSC :LOL:
The convention center is being torn down and replaced. I was told DSC looked at 70+ convention centers around the country and Atlanta was the only one able to accommodate the dates and size for all 3 years.

I do not know, I would like to get to one of these sometime, the distance and cost always get me though, I figure it’s close to $3000.00 by the the time you book a flight, hotels and food. I have been to the large show in Toronto that always has some outfitters and like the browsing and people watching but work always picked up the cost on that one.

I am probably not going to DSC next year. May try to go to Atlanta once in the next three years. Considering the Houston show for next year. Just curious for those of you who go to Houston, how big is HSC compared to DSC.

I am considering HSC also, i went years ago while at UH, was small then but i have heard it has grown alot - no Atlanta for me

I am probably not going to DSC next year. May try to go to Atlanta once in the next three years. Considering the Houston show for next year. Just curious for those of you who go to Houston, how big is HSC compared to DSC.

Not even close the one time I attended, DSC much bigger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayHumble

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.