Driving In Namibia

I think it depends on the experience level of the driver. If you have driven rural gravel roads much, Namibia roads won’t be much of a problem. Driving on the left takes a bit of getting used to, but I’ve done that many times in my travels. You won’t be driving while hunting, so there won’t be any technical off-roading for you to do. In my experience, Namibia’s roads are as good or better than many rural roads in the US.
 
It’s a good tarred road up to Otavi. The gravel roads I have driven on in Namibia in general are pretty good. Try Namibia2go for car hire. Can’t your PH collect you ?
 
If you do drive yourself, bring plenty of water. Sometimes cars breakdown and the roads in Namibia can be lonely places......
 
It’s a good tarred road up to Otavi. The gravel roads I have driven on in Namibia in general are pretty good. Try Namibia2go for car hire. Can’t your PH collect you ?
Thanks. Would you take a polo on the gravel roads?. Unfortunately, the PH cannot collect us, although he can arrange collection but at a significant cost.
 
@Sika98k Thanks for the Namibia2Go recommendation. I see they do Jimneys at a reasonable rate. Unfortunately fluorescent green ones, but still a Jimney
The Jimney is a bit of fun to drive and a very popular offroader here in its original form as a Jimmy. Bit of a gas guzzler but it will do the job.
 
Undeveloped, with crazy people driving and animals on all the roads including critters that will flatten your vehicle undeveloped? (or Wyoming gravel.)
@BRICKBURN
Sounds like your average drive on Australian roads. Kangaroos jump out of nowhere and total cars all the time.
Bob
 
I think it depends on the experience level of the driver. If you have driven rural gravel roads much, Namibia roads won’t be much of a problem. Driving on the left takes a bit of getting used to, but I’ve done that many times in my travels. You won’t be driving while hunting, so there won’t be any technical off-roading for you to do. In my experience, Namibia’s roads are as good or better than many rural roads in the US.
@Doug3006
Driving on the left hand side is easy.
Driving on the right hand side took some getting used to in Canada. My wife can scream very loudly especially when I started going around round about in Canada the wrong way.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,320
Members
169,524
Latest member
hunverealo1973
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top