Driving In Namibia

I think it depends on the experience level of the driver. If you have driven rural gravel roads much, Namibia roads won’t be much of a problem. Driving on the left takes a bit of getting used to, but I’ve done that many times in my travels. You won’t be driving while hunting, so there won’t be any technical off-roading for you to do. In my experience, Namibia’s roads are as good or better than many rural roads in the US.
 
It’s a good tarred road up to Otavi. The gravel roads I have driven on in Namibia in general are pretty good. Try Namibia2go for car hire. Can’t your PH collect you ?
 
If you do drive yourself, bring plenty of water. Sometimes cars breakdown and the roads in Namibia can be lonely places......
 
It’s a good tarred road up to Otavi. The gravel roads I have driven on in Namibia in general are pretty good. Try Namibia2go for car hire. Can’t your PH collect you ?
Thanks. Would you take a polo on the gravel roads?. Unfortunately, the PH cannot collect us, although he can arrange collection but at a significant cost.
 
@Sika98k Thanks for the Namibia2Go recommendation. I see they do Jimneys at a reasonable rate. Unfortunately fluorescent green ones, but still a Jimney
The Jimney is a bit of fun to drive and a very popular offroader here in its original form as a Jimmy. Bit of a gas guzzler but it will do the job.
 
Undeveloped, with crazy people driving and animals on all the roads including critters that will flatten your vehicle undeveloped? (or Wyoming gravel.)
@BRICKBURN
Sounds like your average drive on Australian roads. Kangaroos jump out of nowhere and total cars all the time.
Bob
 
I think it depends on the experience level of the driver. If you have driven rural gravel roads much, Namibia roads won’t be much of a problem. Driving on the left takes a bit of getting used to, but I’ve done that many times in my travels. You won’t be driving while hunting, so there won’t be any technical off-roading for you to do. In my experience, Namibia’s roads are as good or better than many rural roads in the US.
@Doug3006
Driving on the left hand side is easy.
Driving on the right hand side took some getting used to in Canada. My wife can scream very loudly especially when I started going around round about in Canada the wrong way.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,235
Members
169,280
Latest member
JackieMund
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top