Driving In Namibia

I think it depends on the experience level of the driver. If you have driven rural gravel roads much, Namibia roads won’t be much of a problem. Driving on the left takes a bit of getting used to, but I’ve done that many times in my travels. You won’t be driving while hunting, so there won’t be any technical off-roading for you to do. In my experience, Namibia’s roads are as good or better than many rural roads in the US.
 
It’s a good tarred road up to Otavi. The gravel roads I have driven on in Namibia in general are pretty good. Try Namibia2go for car hire. Can’t your PH collect you ?
 
If you do drive yourself, bring plenty of water. Sometimes cars breakdown and the roads in Namibia can be lonely places......
 
It’s a good tarred road up to Otavi. The gravel roads I have driven on in Namibia in general are pretty good. Try Namibia2go for car hire. Can’t your PH collect you ?
Thanks. Would you take a polo on the gravel roads?. Unfortunately, the PH cannot collect us, although he can arrange collection but at a significant cost.
 
@Sika98k Thanks for the Namibia2Go recommendation. I see they do Jimneys at a reasonable rate. Unfortunately fluorescent green ones, but still a Jimney
The Jimney is a bit of fun to drive and a very popular offroader here in its original form as a Jimmy. Bit of a gas guzzler but it will do the job.
 
Undeveloped, with crazy people driving and animals on all the roads including critters that will flatten your vehicle undeveloped? (or Wyoming gravel.)
@BRICKBURN
Sounds like your average drive on Australian roads. Kangaroos jump out of nowhere and total cars all the time.
Bob
 
I think it depends on the experience level of the driver. If you have driven rural gravel roads much, Namibia roads won’t be much of a problem. Driving on the left takes a bit of getting used to, but I’ve done that many times in my travels. You won’t be driving while hunting, so there won’t be any technical off-roading for you to do. In my experience, Namibia’s roads are as good or better than many rural roads in the US.
@Doug3006
Driving on the left hand side is easy.
Driving on the right hand side took some getting used to in Canada. My wife can scream very loudly especially when I started going around round about in Canada the wrong way.
Bob
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,263
Messages
1,570,959
Members
169,205
Latest member
rockcalpasssul1974
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top