Dreams about hunting

tigris115

AH fanatic
Reaction score
If you've ever hunted while dreaming, elaborate below. Bonus points if you figured out how to master the Art of lucid dreaming and use that to make your own Big Five safari. I've never had dreams like this but I have like 60-80 years ahead of me so you never know.

Well in fact I have dreamed of being on Safari both pre and post. You see I dreamed if hunting lion since I was a small boy and what it would be like facing an animal that would kill you in an instant. The reality is not too much different than what I dreamed over the years. The Cape buffalo hunt was far more exciting than what I had seen in my dreams. Now I'm dreaming of an elephant hunt in the near future.

Well in fact I have dreamed of being on Safari both pre and post. You see I dreamed if hunting lion since I was a small boy and what it would be like facing an animal that would kill you in an instant. The reality is not too much different than what I dreamed over the years. The Cape buffalo hunt was far more exciting than what I had seen in my dreams. Now I'm dreaming of an elephant hunt in the near future.
Are you sure you're talking about real dreaming (the kind that happens in REM sleep) or fantasizing?

I dunno....................... I woke up screaming in a cold sweat a few times after the Elephant charge!:whistle:

Dream at night, daydream, and any other kind of dream. Just thinking about being back in Africa. That's where it all starts for me, and then goes on from there.

Well said Royal127!

I have had many dreams of hunting, currently they are whitetail, but many have been about the plains game of Africa.

Pieter you really do live the dream. Wish I could do what your do. By the way are you going to have a booth at the Kansas City SCI show in Janurary?

I am making my first hunt to the continent of Africa next May.

This trip has been scheduled for about 10 months now...but last week I had my first (recalled) dream about the hunt.

In the dream, I realized I had been in-country about 5 days, but had yet to hunt. Meanwhile, there were other folks in camp, hunting away! My trip was half-burned, and I did not even have my rifle out of its case yet!

I reached into my pockets and found two of my 300 H&H handloads with the Barnes TTSX. They were severely tarnished and the blue tips of the bullets were worn clean off due to being jostled so much in my pocket.

At this point I started to wonder WTF??? Then I woke up.

I have this recurring nightmare that I am sitting in a small room. It is getting dark outside and I have the anxious feeling like I have to go somewhere. I try to leave but I am surrounded by mounds of paper and books. My frantic but exhaust expression peers back at me in the reflection of my computer screen. I look down at my daytimer and see every day packed with appointments between now and the end of the hunting season! The reality of missing another deer season grips my heart. I try to wake myself but then it hits me.....I AM AWAKE!!!! aaaaaah! (cue twilight zone music) ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois