Dream rifle

gizmo i had one of mine but for some reason i sold it.....its the subject of a thread that i put on here, and on which some took great pleaure in questioning my sanity :E Loopy: which was totally justified :( i have my other dream ones so they dont apply, but this is as i dont have it anymore is in the dream category............ here is the link to the auction house were the person i presume bought it from me put it up for sale......http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/fullcatalogue.asp?salelot=A0614 1211 &refno= 78290
Please tell me your joking. That one of the most beautiful rifles I've ever seen.

Leave June 27 and drive to Ft. Worth to get on the plane on the 28th. DFW to Washington Dc to Jo-burg by the 29th.

I feel blessed to have accumulated what I already have, pretty sure I've got every base covered and I will never not bring enough gun to the fight but....
1. Holland and Holland Royal three barrel set up with 375 flanged, 500NE and 12 gauge( you said dream right)
2. London's Best in 416 Rigby
3. A Sterling Davenport DG in .470 Capstick
I am sure that the odds of these firearms showing up in my safe are as likely as Jennifer Lopez rolling over and begging me not to go to work tomorrow morning but a man can dream!
Cheers,
Cody

spike.t ...........

You are joking right? I would sell my house before I sold a rifle like that.. My wife too when it comes to that..
No, your brain ain't working right boy! Unscrew it from your neck and get it serviced asap! :sneaky:

spike.t ...........

You are joking right? I would sell my house before I sold a rifle like that.. My wife too when it comes to that..
No, your brain ain't working right boy! Unscrew it from your neck and get it serviced asap! :sneaky:

jeez dont you start as well............:E Puppy Dog Eyes:

Ofcourse I have to start, wasn't registered the first time you posted about it spike ;)

gizmo i had one of mine but for some reason i sold it.....its the subject of a thread that i put on here, and on which some took great pleaure in questioning my sanity :E Loopy: which was totally justified :( i have my other dream ones so they dont apply, but this is as i dont have it anymore is in the dream category............ here is the link to the auction house were the person i presume bought it from me put it up for sale......http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com/asp/fullcatalogue.asp?salelot=A0614 1211 &refno= 78290

The really sad part isn't that you sold it. Those things happen. The sad part is that the auction house website says the rifle is "virtually unused":unsure::eek::oops:

:D

The really sad part isn't that you sold it. Those things happen. The sad part is that the auction house website says the rifle is "virtually unused":unsure::eek::oops:

:D

i only had it on a couple of hunts before the brain fart and i presume the person who bought it never used it, as it looks exactly the same as when i last saw it a fair few years ago ..........now moving on did i hear somebody say something? :whistle:

ive got a dream to own a semi auto rifle , seeing as we aren't allowed to have them here
that's all it will ever be
id be stoked with a .22lr in semi, but a 17hmr (if they make them ) would be the bees knees.......
but a semi auto shotgun would be way cooler.man id be over the moon if l could have a pump action shoty......
maybe one day when I have more time I will join a pistol club and eventually be able to own a semi auto .22 in a handgun .
other than that ive pretty much got all my calibres covered .( and yes gizmo they are all righties )
tho in time id like replace a couple of them , turning them into lefties .

Dream rifles are:

1. A Sako in .375 H&H
2. Beretta SS06458 Win Mag
3. M1A

ive got a dream to own a semi auto rifle , seeing as we aren't allowed to have them here
that's all it will ever be
id be stoked with a .22lr in semi, but a 17hmr (if they make them ) would be the bees knees.......
but a semi auto shotgun would be way cooler.man id be over the moon if l could have a pump action shoty......
maybe one day when I have more time I will join a pistol club and eventually be able to own a semi auto .22 in a handgun .
other than that ive pretty much got all my calibres covered .( and yes gizmo they are all righties )
tho in time id like replace a couple of them , turning them into lefties .

so bluey you cant even have a .22lr semiauto rifle in upside down land............. or a semi or pump shotgun?..........and if you join a pistol club are you only allowed a .22?

its my understanding , that after being an active member of a pistol club, for x amount of time , your allowed your licencve to own a handgun .
and then after owning and storing the hand gun at the club ,for how ever long .....
your allowed to store it at home .
once you've got your handgun licence your allowed 38 ,9mm and all the big hand cannons .this is just my understanding , not 100% accurate.

but as for semis ,
if your a culler by trade , or own x amount of land , where there is problem animals (ie, dogs, and ducks, say your a rice farmer) and you need to take quick repetitive shots
you can try to qualify for a C category licence.
but im sure the semi auto firearm can only be used on that property .
I cant figure why I can own a pump action centre fire rifle to hunt deer , on my A & B catagory licence , but not a pump action shotgun to hunt ducks.
I should add that this is laws and regulations for Victoria, l cant speak for other states

Last edited:
cant you say you need a semiauto rifle in case of pirates and you need fast follow up shots ;)

cant have a fire arm on board the boat , cant show, just cause......
they would lock me up and throw away the key ............to many fisherman , in my industry and every other fishery , were keeping the hyena of the sea,numbers to a realistic level ........

My 45-120 1885. Love that gun. Needs restocking to fit me though. Then she's perfect

A 4-bore farquharson falling block by Gibbs

A .303 British with a 308 barrel on a honed Lee Enfield action put together by Rigby.

#1 will be done this summer and #2 is for future me to budget for. #2 is a pure lottery win :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!