Double Searcy 500 NE

Dr Ray

AH legend
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
4,298
Reaction score
6,534
Location
Cairns, Australia
Media
53
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
7
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
This is the result of a 500 grain bullet hit a wild pig at around 26 meters.
Do you think it’s up to the task?
 
This is the result of a 500 grain bullet hit a wild pig at around 26 meters.
Do you think it’s up to the task?

Trying to attach - not easy on iPhone
IMG_0001.JPG
 
:eek:
 
Kill it and field dress it, all in one.
 
Looked adequate for the job. Lol
 
Marginal performance.... ;)
 
Man what a mess! What’s left is buzzard meat! It did the job and then some.
 
Was it a 570 grain bullet?

.500NE is a good boar hammer.

It was a Woodleigh 570 grain. I feel it’s “adequate” for the task.[emoji15][emoji4][emoji56]
 
Marginal?? Lol[emoji15]

Interesting point is that 10 out of 10 phs (Australia) all use Woodleigh soft points for shooting buffalo.
 
GEZZZ what a mess .
I take it you dont like eating wild pork ?
:E Horrified:
 
Yeah I think you'll have to step it up to at least a .577NE. Let me see if I can reconstruct what happened here. That 1.5oz. slug didn't even make it past the hide, then the pig ran into the thick scrub, tripped over a pile of rusty bayonets left there by some careless ex-Gallipoli veteran as it ran for cover. A nearby wallaby, standing on the pile and seeing this, scrambled in the opposite direction and in the process, its powerful kick thrust a mass of bayonets toward the pig, gutting him and starting a Tetanus infection which killed him. That was my analysis of that picture anyway... :whistle:. Of course, my degree is in engineering, not forensic science. Nice Shot! (y) .500 NE is on my wish list, but then my LGS just got in a Craig boddington Ruger No.1 in .450NE 3.25" :mad: I don't have room for all these guns!
 
How did you know?[emoji15]
 
Yeah I think you'll have to step it up to at least a .577NE. Let me see if I can reconstruct what happened here. That 1.5oz. slug didn't even make it past the hide, then the pig ran into the thick scrub, tripped over a pile of rusty bayonets left there by some careless ex-Gallipoli veteran as it ran for cover. A nearby wallaby, standing on the pile and seeing this, scrambled in the opposite direction and in the process, its powerful kick thrust a mass of bayonets toward the pig, gutting him and starting a Tetanus infection which killed him. That was my analysis of that picture anyway... :whistle:. Of course, my degree is in engineering, not forensic science. Nice Shot! (y) .500 NE is on my wish list, but then my LGS just got in a Craig boddington Ruger No.1 in .450NE 3.25" :mad: I don't have room for all these guns!

Squeeze another rifle in - you can do it![emoji56]
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,846
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top