Double Rifle Shoot in West Ky?

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
@Andrew Short has a post in the double rifle section that gave me an idea, for Google purposes I live about 20 minutes from a town called Paducah KY. I have a nice range just down the road from my house which I believe I could procure for a day of double rifle and big bore shooting. I'm just brain storming here, but there are a couple hotels right down the road and I have plenty of room to host here at the house. I have a few of the life size buffalo targets and I have a buddy that has 10 promatic clay throwers. I might be able to talk him into setting up a little five stand action. This might be a good opportunity to do some shooting just for fun or to get some good training in if you have a hunt in the near future. If there is any interest then we can start looking at dates and details, probably do it mid spring March-May time frame.
Let me know what y'all think and we will see what we can do.

I’d definitely be in Justin!

This is a great idea Justin, if it wasn't for the little ocean in between I would join you. This is very similar to the big bore shoot we do in Harare once a month, emphasis upon accuracy and speed.

Sounds like a good time, hope you can make it happen.

@Andrew Short has a post in the double rifle section that gave me an idea, for Google purposes I live about 20 minutes from a town called Paducah KY. I have a nice range just down the road from my house which I believe I could procure for a day of double rifle and big bore shooting. I'm just brain storming here, but there are a couple hotels right down the road and I have plenty of room to host here at the house. I have a few of the life size buffalo targets and I have a buddy that has 10 promatic clay throwers. I might be able to talk him into setting up a little five stand action. This might be a good opportunity to do some shooting just for fun or to get some good training in if you have a hunt in the near future. If there is any interest then we can start looking at dates and details, probably do it mid spring March-May time frame.
Good thought.
Krish

I think I’d drive down for that. It’ only about 9 hours if the snow isn’t ass deep like Christmas. Any one along the way between pgh and there I could pick up if need be.

I don’t have a double, but I’ve got my 416 Rem. Also, I am not that far away. Holler at me when it gets closer, and I can probably stop by and shoot stuff.

It would be a short jaunt across the Ozark Mountains for me. I am a candidate! It will be a good opportunity to put the new red dot on the VC 470 under some pressure.

It would be a short jaunt across the Ozark Mountains for me. I am a candidate! It will be a good opportunity to put the new red dot on the VC 470 under some pressure.
No doubt. The range I have access to would give us the opportunity to set up a lot of different scenarios if we wanted to. We could definitely get in all the shooting one would want I believe.

I'm more than a bit late here. Did this ever happen? I'm in Louisville but my wife's family is in Union Co, so I'm down that way often enough. I'd be more than happy to make a special trip for a get together.

I would still be interested, too.

We are working on a plan. I will keep you all posted. The sportsman club that I am a member of has a "squirrel shoot" for kids and we are trying to expand that to include the big bore stuff. I have a few of the life size buffalo targets from safari press and we plan to use those. I will keep you all in the loop as we get the plan together.

We are working on a plan. I will keep you all posted. The sportsman club that I am a member of has a "squirrel shoot" for kids and we are trying to expand that to include the big bore stuff. I have a few of the life size buffalo targets from safari press and we plan to use those. I will keep you all in the loop as we get the plan to

We are working on a plan. I will keep you all posted. The sportsman club that I am a member of has a "squirrel shoot" for kids and we are trying to expand that to include the big bore stuff. I have a few of the life size buffalo targets from safari press and we plan to use those. I will keep you all in the loop as we get the plan to
After practicing with my 375 H&H this year on deer, I told my PH that I was planning on taking it squirrel hunting next, lol. I don't have a dbl rifle but live here in KY and have the 375 that I am getting used to, (bought a 458 Win Mag also but it is not here yet). Do have a dbl bbl shotgun that likes clays for fun also. I plan to be in Paducah the first weekend in Feb 24 after the SCI conference in Nashville. Could be conned into bringing the toys along for a shoot that weekend perhaps.

Irish

After practicing with my 375 H&H this year on deer, I told my PH that I was planning on taking it squirrel hunting next, lol. I don't have a dbl rifle but live here in KY and have the 375 that I am getting used to, (bought a 458 Win Mag also but it is not here yet). Do have a dbl bbl shotgun that likes clays for fun also. I plan to be in Paducah the first weekend in Feb 24 after the SCI conference in Nashville. Could be conned into bringing the toys along for a shoot that weekend perhaps.

Irish
Definitely give me a shout man. I'll be at the SCI as well, even if we don't have the big shoot lined up, we can get out to the range and burn some powder for sure.

Irish
If y’all have room for another, I’m game.

I can even bring my own ammo if you’re open to someone else shooting your rifle. I’ve been accumulating 375 H&H + 458 Win Mag ammo for…reasons. Who knows, maybe I’ll find a deal on a CZ 550 in the next month or two and have one by then.

Yeah we will try to get a plan rolling for this. Y'all let me know what day works best and we will start nailing down some details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross