Double Rifle Competitions

Nice Kevin.

Our Big Game Rifle Clubs have 2 events specifically for doubles, Stopping Doubles and Stalking Doubles.

Stopping (min calibre .400”, min bullet weight 400gn, min muzzle energy 3900 ft. lb)
@50 metres - 2 shots in up to 5 minutes
@50 metres 4 shots in 16 seconds
@25 metres 4 shots in 16 seconds
all standing unsupported

Stalking (minimum calibre .228”)
@100 metres - 2 shots sitting or kneeling in up to 5 minutes then 2 shots standing unsupported in up to 5 minutes
50 and 25m all standing unsupported
@50 metres - 2 shots up to 5 minutes, then 4 shots in 16 seconds
@ 25 metres - 4 shots in 16 seconds

There are also Dangerous Game (timed and with 'power factor' factored in to score) and other events where doubles are often used and do well.

A lot of fun.
Mark - I seem to recall that Graeme Wright ( of “Shooting the English Double Rifle” fame ) won the most recent International Big Game Rifle Competition in Darwin . Is that correct ? He can certainly shoot and he always has marvellous firearms with him .
 
Mark - I seem to recall that Graeme Wright ( of “Shooting the English Double Rifle” fame ) won the most recent International Big Game Rifle Competition in Darwin . Is that correct ? He can certainly shoot and he always has marvellous firearms with him .

Hey Peter,

He’s pretty handy ;-)

He did win the International shoot in Darwin last year.

He also won the QLD state titles a couple of weeks ago.

The nationals were held in Perth on the weekend - havn’t heard results yet.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,355
Members
169,530
Latest member
ShelbyKidd
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top