Double addicted

Kevin Peacocke

AH ambassador
Joined
Feb 10, 2018
Messages
6,685
Reaction score
25,358
Location
Harare Zimbabwe
Media
111
Articles
2
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
Confession time , I am addicted - to double rifles. Every time I open up AH and look at the latest posts the sun goes bright when there is a post about doubles, anything, and when there are a few pictures thrown in my happiness is complete. It is the form of these beautiful pieces, their history existing or in the making, their links to Africa and of course their capability. A double is not a mile away gun; with this piece you get close, where senses are spelt with a capital S. I love the whole business.
Some of our friends here on AH have posted pictures of their great doubles and written up their hunts with them. I hope you fellows don't mind me re-posting a few again, you will recognise yours immediately. They have each taken turns as my screen saver!
Any like minded afflicted souls, feel free to post yours or others, lets have a feast of these wonderful works of booming art.
9CAD4C3C-E6F5-4668-B330-11D89251F8A2.jpeg
967C97CB-281F-4560-B6B3-4A1A5417D504.jpeg
 
There are worse addictions than a double rifle addiction. They're beautiful, timeless classics. Some day I will own one.
There are some really nice doubles coming in at very reasonable prices, for example the Chapuis Iphisi with a rrp of under $10k. I also really like what someone did with this Baikal (sorry for not mentioning you personally whoever this was, I can't find your original post). Even with this fancy stock this would be very affordable I should think.
358CAEF4-CA3B-442E-80A4-0FE435A7995E.jpeg
 
Do you favor your Heym over your VC?
Considering I have yet to fire the VC, yes. I bought them both at the same time as left handed doubles were not really that common. Heym was first and at .500 NE, a caliber I have grown to love. I have taken 2 elephants and 2 buffalo with it in the last two years and will be using it again this coming October for a trophy bull and possibly another buffalo depending on quota.

The VC is a .450 NE. I will take pics and sell it at some point.
 
Blaser S2 Zambezi Delta Mozambique. .375 and 30-06 barrels (Also, a truly superb hat)

moz buff2.jpg


Nyala and S2 with 30'06 tubes
 
I’m not in the market yet, but hopefully will be in the next year or so. Is a Heym that much better then a Merkel , VC, or a Chapuis?
 
For similar addiction... see here:D

 
Confession time , I am addicted - to double rifles. Every time I open up AH and look at the latest posts the sun goes bright when there is a post about doubles, anything, and when there are a few pictures thrown in my happiness is complete. It is the form of these beautiful pieces, their history existing or in the making, their links to Africa and of course their capability. A double is not a mile away gun; with this piece you get close, where senses are spelt with a capital S. I love the whole business.
Some of our friends here on AH have posted pictures of their great doubles and written up their hunts with them. I hope you fellows don't mind me re-posting a few again, you will recognise yours immediately. They have each taken turns as my screen saver!
Any like minded afflicted souls, feel free to post yours or others, lets have a feast of these wonderful works of booming art.
View attachment 513347View attachment 513348
Thats a good looking Gun Kevin! I don't have a double just yet but I'll work my way up and get one in future!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,280
Messages
1,571,526
Members
169,369
Latest member
ElinorDowd
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top