Don't get scammed by some POS

dvor316

New member
Joined
Oct 22, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
10
Location
Amarillo, TX
Beware of any helpful "members" that want to help you get in touch with a legit seller on here. I stupidly used a Phone # provided by a alleged member,. Feel free to blow that phone # up with unkind messages etc for that POS. Got busy at work and wasn't paying attention because the warning signs were there. At least it was only $50 not $500!
I should have checked the sender out better.
The actual real seller is great. If I would have been patient it all would have worked out fine. SMH
pisites637 started a new conversation with you at AfricaHunting.com.

Reloading Components .323, .338, 348, 6mm​

Hello mate
You can reach out to the seller via his cell below.
He gave me his cell the last time I got in touch with him concerning the item he listed for sale

‪(681) 234-4515‬

Great seller​
 
Thanks!


I've been approached by a few scammers, but I've (fortunately) been able to "sniff them out" before money was sent.
 
Beware of any helpful "members" that want to help you get in touch with a legit seller on here. I stupidly used a Phone # provided by a alleged member,. Feel free to blow that phone # up with unkind messages etc for that POS. Got busy at work and wasn't paying attention because the warning signs were there. At least it was only $50 not $500!
I should have checked the sender out better.
The actual real seller is great. If I would have been patient it all would have worked out fine. SMH
pisites637 started a new conversation with you at AfricaHunting.com.

Reloading Components .323, .338, 348, 6mm​

Hello mate
You can reach out to the seller via his cell below.
He gave me his cell the last time I got in touch with him concerning the item he listed for sale

‪(681) 234-4515‬

Great seller​

That’s very crafty of them. Appreciate the heads up. Another something to look for.
 
Hard to believe that scam worked. Sometimes it's difficult to resist the urge to impulsively buy something. It happens to even sage old farts like me. Example: I had so much fun building my 404 Jeffery last year, I thought maybe I should build another big bore. Great cure for the off-season doldrums. I was toying with the idea when a buddy messaged he'd found a 98 Mauser candidate action that was super clean at a ridicously low price. Okay, sounds like what I'm looking for at a savings of several hundred dollars. But before I commit send me a couple of photos. Hmmm. Looks nice and clean alright but exactly what variety of 98 Mauser is it? Only markings on it are a serial number. Crest has been "cleaned" from the top of receiver to make it "look more elegant." "Anyway, all you need is a serial number." Nope. I need to know the make for paperwork to temporarily export for African hunting. And, as we all know, not all variations of 98 Mauser were good (or even safe!) guns. He pulled the action from the stock to look for some markings. It appeared to have a new serial number as traces of the original and entirely different number were found just below the stock line. Someone also stamped the same new number on the bolt to make the gun appear to have "matching numbers". Proof marks on under side of the 7mm barrel seem to indicate it was made at the end of the war in Germany. Uh oh! Maybe hardness testing would prove this action is safe ... and maybe it's not safe. Too many question marks. I came very close to writing a cheque for an incredible "bargain". Think before leaping.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,094
Members
169,697
Latest member
h19anet1
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top