Display Cabinets

It looks great congrats! I have a big gun safe too. I used to leave my BDL in 270 in the gun rack in my pickup truck. Those days are over. I'd love one of those for a hunting cabin though.
Very nice. I miss the good old days when it was "safe"(no pun intended) to display our guns without fear. Seems most everyone had a couple deer racks festooned with guns. Nowadays even safes ain't all that safe.
 
I remember my folks bought me a 6 gun cabinet for Christmas one year. I still think about how much it bothered me to have an open slot! Might be why I over excess now. I still have that gun cabinet though.
 
I think gun cabinents are perfect for a hunting camp where you'll either be there while your guns are in the cabinet or you'll be out hunting with your guns in hand and the cabinet will be empty Not good for leaving your guns alone these days.
 
Image1699402583.856185.jpg


Somewhat pedestrian… but almost identical to what my father had in the house when I was growing up, so I am enjoying it…. Taking 8 of the rifles and shotguns out of the safe and putting them in the cabinet freed up some very much needed space as well…

And really couldn’t beat the $25 estate sale price :)

Picked up a tuffpack at the same auction that’s in practically new condition.. still had all the factory paperwork inside… for $50…

I almost feel like I stole this stuff… :)
 
I bought a 2 door antique book case . Converted one half to hold 8 firearms and keep my shooting library on the other side .

Beautifully executed! Very nice!
 
Check out country lane furniture in Pa. I am planning on purchasing the Jones 12 gun cabinet when I get moved into my home under construction. Nice people for sure . Custom made to your specs .
 
I bough this cabinet from a man who was in his late 80's, who was from OH, for $250 in 1997. When I was adding the interior I found this business card from the maker and the cabinet, not sure if exact one I have, is in the photo. It has a secret compartment in the back that has a slide out hunting coat storage. I added a felt interior, trim and lights.

I am not able to date the cabinet, but I'm guessing sometime between 1945 and 1950. It may be older, but???

The information on the card turns up nothing and the address is an empty lot who's building was torn down somewhere in the 80s.

Cab.jpg


BC1.jpg


BC2.jpg


Modern military/LE lockers, while not pretty, do the job better in a walk in safe.

FBA1F9A0-5ACF-479A-88BB-7D176CDFFE62-2519951.jpg
 
I bough this cabinet from a man who was in his late 80's, who was from OH, for $250 in 1997. When I was adding the interior I found this business card from the maker and the cabinet, not sure if exact one I have, is in the photo. It has a secret compartment in the back that has a slide out hunting coat storage. I added a felt interior, trim and lights.

I am not able to date the cabinet, but I'm guessing sometime between 1945 and 1950. It may be older, but???

The information on the card turns up nothing and the address is an empty lot who's building was torn down somewhere in the 80s.

View attachment 570334

View attachment 570335

View attachment 570336

Modern military/LE lockers, while not pretty, do the job better in a walk in safe.

View attachment 570338
I love that old one.
 
I wouldn’t display guns in one but I do love that style for books and other trinkets and treasures.
My fear is theft-
Exactly, and I hate to show off my guns where it can be easily seen in the house. But that carbines sure looks good.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,365
Messages
1,574,324
Members
170,008
Latest member
AshleyPasp
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top