Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
I happened upon an opportunity I'd like to pass on. I can do up to 7 meat Bison hunts at a seriously discounted rate off of my normal place. The hunt will take place on my ranch, 3 nights two hunting days, guides, meals, lodging, trophy fee, sporting clays, fishing, skinning, trophy prep, and taxidermy discount ( if you use our company for the taxidermy).
All in only $3000. These are 2 year old bulls and will weigh on average 900-1000 lbs. It's a lot of meat!
Not included: Texas Hunting license, tips, meat processing, before/after expenses, usual stuff.
IF YOUR INTERESTED THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD FOR THIS SEASON AND DEPOSIT MUST BE IN WITHIN THE NEXT 30 DAYS. The hunt can take place any time this season up to March but the deposit to reserve the hunt must be received in the next 30 days.
57504132_684623715273769_8948665142623600640_n.jpg
62498884_720114398391367_1612068841582493696_n.jpg
01-2018-rockingranch-do-not-sell-12.jpg
01-2018-rockingranch-do-not-sell-39.jpg
2014-ranch-pics-057.jpg
2019-rocking-26.jpg
img-5694.jpg
sydney-s-pictures-2015-070.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very tempting....

That's a really good deal! Assume you get 50-60% of live weight as your hanging weight. On a 900-1000 pound bison thats about 500-600 pounds of carcass weight. Divide 3000 by 500 or 600 and you are paying less than $6 per pound of hanging weight that's a good deal and basically what you'd pay for beef or bison meat if you where buying it in bulk i.e. a half or whole bison/beef carcass. The experience of the hunt is "free".

While I always have bison I don’t know if I will able to offer this again at this price. Normal meat hunts will run in the 4500 and up range. Essentially you’re getting the bison, hunt, and what processing would normally cost for less than what the hunt normally sells for. It’s great meat and a lot of it!

That's a really good deal! Assume you get 50-60% of live weight as your hanging weight. On a 900-1000 pound bison thats about 500-600 pounds of carcass weight. Divide 3000 by 500 or 600 and you are paying less than $6 per pound of hanging weight that's a good deal and basically what you'd pay for beef or bison meat if you where buying it in bulk i.e. a half or whole bison/beef carcass. The experience of the hunt is "free".
Yes sir that’s correct. You generally yield 60%. I don’t know about elsewhere but locally at our United Bison meat is 11$/pound so it would be halfish of what it can be bought at the store for here

For reference here is a Bison meat sales example.
E3D2EF8D-2A4D-4F45-AC48-9E3ACB1C17B0.png

Yes sir that’s correct. You generally yield 60%. I don’t know about elsewhere but locally at our United Bison meat is 11$/pound so it would be halfish of what it can be bought at the store for here

Mind you thats the retail price if you are buying like a few pounds of bison meat, what a person generally would buy at say a supermarket. If you buy bison meat in bulk like say a side or whole hanging carcass the price per pound is quite a bit less than a retail per pound figure. So basically your price for a hunt is a pretty solid deal if you where just buying that quantity of bison meat bulk. if i was closer id be all over this offer...

Very tempting, actually bucket list item. What are the hunt dates??

I can work with you on hunt dates. I’m pretty full through November on weekends but have some openings during the week. December/January/February is pretty open.

This hunt could also be combined with the mule deer cull hunt if someone wanted. If someone wanted to do that it would be
1) Meat Bison
2)Mule Deer Does
Up to 4) Hen turkey
Unlimited pigs and an extra day/night all in at $4000

The dates if combined with the mule deer offer would be arriving Nov 22 hunting 23,24,25, and leaving the morning of the 26th.

5E5BEBC0-970F-4519-B26B-D17AA3D0931D.jpeg
9B49F8D8-C914-47FD-A765-48D31402B6A5.jpeg
8F3685F8-3B21-4013-BEDD-74139C4053C0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I'm really interested if February 2020 is open. Need to check work dates first. Will PM you, Gizmo.

Ok folks I have one booked already and several other inquiries on this. This is an opportunity to hunt a true American icon in the area that was historically the Bison and Indian stronghold. My ranch sits dead center in the middle of where the Texas Panhandle Indian wars all occurred between Quahnna Parker and the US.
An extra day or two can be added at 150$/day to tour the state Bison herd up the road in Caprock Canyons State Park, take a private tour of our local museum rich in the area's history in Quitique, and visit Palo Duro Canyon. We can even go to the exact spot of the last battle between the Cherokee and US Cavalry as well as other historic sites.
Also observers are $150/day. If one wants to add the history tour the day fee will cover the cost in admission to parks and museums.

Hi Erik,
I left you a voicemail. Guess you can say you’ve got two booked now if still available. Call me back if you get a chance.
Thanks,
Robert

This hunt could also be combined with the mule deer cull hunt if someone wanted. If someone wanted to do that it would be
1) Meat Bison
2)Mule Deer Does
Up to 4) Hen turkey
Unlimited pigs and an extra day/night all in at $4000

What a grand time!

Hi Erik,
I left you a voicemail. Guess you can say you’ve got two booked now if still available. Call me back if you get a chance.
Thanks,
Robert
Yes sir and it was great getting to visit with you.

Gents we now have 2 booked, after looking at scheduling I think I will take three more if someone wants to do this and cut it off there.

Sir, I'm truly sorry I missed responding to your inquiry.
The hunt itself can be done all the way through to spring, the only issue I'm having is to be able to do this I have to have deposits in over the next couple of weeks to make it happen. So, generally Jan-March is the best time for the coats to be super thick. Basically, you deposit will lock in the hunt and your dates then in the winter, early spring we can do the hunt. The earliest I could do a hunt with current bookings would be December.

Erik

Great job being creative with the hunt packages.

You really know how to tempt!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.