Dick's Sporting Goods Update

Thank goodness for Academy! They accept Dicks coupons and have everything Dicks has, and certainly appear to be pro gun rights. My sons cub scout pack sells coupon books that include Dicks, so we end up with number of Dicks coupons. They all get redeemed at Academy.

Not defending Dick's but Academy does not have the shoe selection that Dick's has. And Academy is now owned by KKR - New Yorkers who could turn on a dime.

In that case, hopefully those New Yorkers learn fro Dicks and Yetis mistakes.

Bass Pro bought Cabela's.

Yeah, wait ‘til a certain “someone” starts sporting his wildebeest loin cloth :eek:

I can't "like" it, and if I deny it I will appear guilty. I am backed into a corner. Time to fight!!

:)

I can't "like" it, and if I deny it I will appear guilty. I am backed into a corner. Time to fight!!

:)
:V Sword Fight:
No crossing swords!

I wouldn’t buy shoelaces there! I won’t even step foot into that store. That’s what you call a bunch of Dicks!

The Delaware Cabela's former camo clothing section.

IMG_20180905_140821820.jpg
IMG_20180905_140815937.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Even better, on the end of the ammo aisle, your choice of leather women's handbags.

IMG_20180905_140430911.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I refuse to set foot in Dick's as a result of their stance. I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Here in Kansas City area we have an Academy Sports. Anyone know where they stand on our gun rights? thanks

Sorry, I evidently missed out on the Yeti news. What stance have they taken? thanks

I read an article that mentioned Dicks sporting goods was going to discontinue carrying hunting at 10 stores.

Sorry, I evidently missed out on the Yeti news. What stance have they taken? thanks
Yeti, for years, had a program to allow the NRA to purchase items at a reduced rate for auctions. They responded to liberal requests to pull their relationship, did so in a very sloppy way, denying it was NRA related, though the NRA had letters they published that said exactly that.

I have two Yeti softsided coolers. I stuck molon labe patches over the yeti logos.

I try to do business with the locally own gun store if possible.
lwaters...I basically ask the question months ago when this first became news...Who goes to Dicks to buy firearms or hunting equipment? I don't recall receiving an answer from anyone. I don't recall buying anything at Dicks. They are a run, bike, swim and soccer type store. I buy guns at gun businesses. Walmart stopped selling handguns in the 1990s. It had no bearing at all on me using Walmart even today for specific purposes. And buying guns there was not one of those purposes. Kinda hard to boycott something you don't use.
The majority of my hunting equipment is ordered on-line, especially the big bore ammo.

There isn't a single item in their stores I can't buy someplace else.

Fact. In the age of Amazon, brick and mortar stores need to be found everything they can to attract business- and definitely should not be alienating their customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!