Delta seats

Only for a mom with a baby that needs the bassinet that attaches to the wall. It happens but ive never seen it.
On my recent trip to Denmark (and Greenland) they brought out a bassinet and attached it in that row. Both directions that whole row was full of mothers with screaming babies and a couple of waddling grandmothers helping out either in the same row or a row back. I'd personally go for row 32 or 33. But I'm not as tall.

Sorry the photo you showed I thought the front seats were business class.
What I was referring to are the seats in
Premium select.
They are the section at the top of your photo clip.
We flew back from Australia in that section and it sure made the 15 hours more pleasant.

View attachment 525387View attachment 525388
I'll finally get to try this class of service on my way to Zim in August. I got RT from San Antonio for $2900. It has been priced for higher for June so I didn't buy it.
It gets mixed reviews so we will see.

I’m 6’4” … I absolutely prefer the bulkhead…

When I don’t get bulkhead seats I inevitably end up flying with the person seated in front of me laying in my lap the entire trip…
Me too

A couple months ago, I booked flights from Shreveport to JNB via ATL on Delta. I got the Premium Select with miles for my daughter and me. The connection time in ATL was a little over 3 hours, which is perfect. Recently, Delta changed the times on the SHV-ATL flight and the connection time in ATL became a little over 1 hour. That's too close for comfort, so changed to an earlier flight which now gives us a 6+ hour layover in ATL. Sort of longer that desirable, but it is what it is.

Delta has also changed rules on the Business Lounge usage. I read somewhere that Delta will now limit lounge use to only 3 hours prior to your flight.

Delta rule changes: https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/house-rules

Last edited:
A couple months ago, I booked flights from Shreveport to JNB via ATL on Delta. I got the Premium Select with miles for my daughter and me. The connection time in ATL was a little over 3 hours, which is perfect. Recently, Delta changed the times on the SHV-ATL flight and the connection time in ATL became a little over 1 hour. That's too close for comfort, so changed to an earlier flight which now gives us a 6+ hour layover in ATL. Sort of longer that desirable, but it is what it is.

Delta has also changed rules on the Business Lounge usage. I read somewhere that Delta will now limit lounge use to only 3 hours prior to your flight.
wow only 6 hours I should be so lucky, here in So Dakota unless you want to spend a bunch of layover time in Minn or Chicago (who would) I get the privilege of waiting in Atlanta for 13 hours for the flight! well I hope you have a wonderful trip with your Daughter and be safe.

wow only 6 hours I should be so lucky, here in So Dakota unless you want to spend a bunch of layover time in Minn or Chicago (who would) I get the privilege of waiting in Atlanta for 13 hours for the flight! well I hope you have a wonderful trip with your Daughter and be safe.

@Hyde Hunter , all I can say is "get a room in Atlanta for a 13 hour layover." Either that or get a better travel agent, because there are other flights available to you that don't require a 13 hour layover.

@Hyde Hunter , all I can say is "get a room in Atlanta for a 13 hour layover." Either that or get a better travel agent, because there are other flights available to you that don't require a 13 hour layover.
the other flights have you spending your time in other airports so it works out the same, either there or in Atl. airlines out of So Dakota are like the red headed stepchild of travel . the prices are worse here example my buddy can fly out of Philly business class for 4700.00 rt. and for me here 9000.00 rt. but that is the way it goes for living in the Pheasant Hunting Capital of the World. have a great trip and shoot straight.

I assume you are connecting in ATL for flt 200 to JNB, which departs 9pm-ish. To have a 13 hr layover means you arrive in ATL at 8am, which means you are leaving SD super early. Why not leave at noon, have a short layover in MSP and a short layover in ATL.

1680183465046.png

I would rather not have any connection extra flights if possible with Delta having the worst lost luggage rating in the industry and Minn is not suppressor friendly so the fewer issues the better and people I know do not recommend MSP for connecting, but it is the way it is. as my wife says (of course she won't be going) says I am going on an adventure

I’m also tall and airline seats are not well designed for long duration sitting for taller people. The average seat geometry is ok if you are under about 5’8”. Taller and you are screwed. Overall, the comfort + bulkhead seats are superior to others in economy. But, conversely it is wise to avoid the bulkhead if you can know before selecting seats if mother(s) with infant(s) have seats in the bulkhead section. The question is how do you know before so you can avoid that selection?? And I think those with infants can bump others to get those selections. The seats in exit areas near mid plane provide good leg and side room but putting up with off gassers waiting in line for the lavatory after 10 hours of gut bomb food is worthy of consideration in the seat selection :)

That seat is behind service area and bathroom I believe, constant activity…seat is narrow due to tv screen and food tray in the arm rest..legroom yes…unless and I have seen it the seated passenger in your row decides to lie down in the floor of the bulkhead row..yes it does happen. I quit Delta cattle car and the so called Premium seating up charge and fly Qatar or United only….sitting in United lounge ORD for 188 to Joberg NOW. Delta has cured me of never flying with them again…Attendants look as tho they are on day release from the nursing homes with personalities to match….only the most seniority fly this route…next time they may show up with a walker as they push the drink cart
fly United or Qatar….Qatar is much nicer than United but long connection to JNB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross