Delta Flights To Johannesburg

Flightaware shows flights. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL200. You can do searches for any flight. Outgoing (flight 200) Wed, Fri, & Sun. Returning (flight 201) Mon, Thur, & Sat.

I also got caught up in this mess. My outfitter wanted me to book certain days although it did not align with the days Delta was flying. Delta would let you book those dates, so I booked what the outfitter wanted at the beginning of January, for May but held off on booking my connecting flight with Airlink. Then about a month later here comes the alert that they've canceled my outgoing flight and rescheduled me a day later (a day they've been flying for months), moved my seats to where my wife and I were on separate rows and both in middle seats. I contacted my outfitter suggesting we go ahead and move my return out a day so we'd have the same number of hunt days and it aligned with the days Delta was flying. I figured it was only time until Delta also rescheduled it. The outfitter agreed and when I rescheduled the price fell by over 50%, wow! So, I've got a lot of e-credits now. On the seats it originally showed the plane full and would not let me adjust them. I messaged Delta and they said there was nothing they could do. I again checked later in the day and some seats had showed up letting at least get us back on the same row, although an aisle and window seat on a three-seat row.
Delta is great for switching seats. BTDT and it was the last time I took them to Africa. Good luck keeping your existing flight and seats.

The app named FlightStats will also show info re actual departure and arrival time. I think Delta only flying outbound Wed, Friday and Sunday.
If you pay to get the upgraded account, it believe it gives you the detailed summary for a range or dates. However, the free version only shows one day at a time-but you can manipulate the dates and find out the information.
My guess is Delta is flying one aircraft outbound on three days and then that aircraft is flying inbound from JNB on three days.

FlightAware free version shows last seven flights from ATL to JNB as being 3 days per week.

Last edited:
The app named FlightStats will show info re actual departure and arrival time. I think Delta only flying outbound Wed, Friday and Sunday.
If you pay to get the upgraded account, it believe it gives you the detailed summary for a range or dates. However, the free version only shows one day at a time-but you can manipulate the dates and find out the information. My guess is Delta is flying one aircraft outbound on three days and then that aircraft is flying inbound from JNB on three days.
I’m a Delta miles member… It works well when you are signed up. I Love their App actually.

The app named FlightStats will also show info re actual departure and arrival time. I think Delta only flying outbound Wed, Friday and Sunday.
If you pay to get the upgraded account, it believe it gives you the detailed summary for a range or dates. However, the free version only shows one day at a time-but you can manipulate the dates and find out the information.
My guess is Delta is flying one aircraft outbound on three days and then that aircraft is flying inbound from JNB on three days.

FlightAware free version shows last seven flights from ATL to JNB as being 3 days per week.

I have a reservation for Sept outbound from Atlanta on Saturday! You are making me nervous !

Flightaware shows flights. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL200. You can do searches for any flight. Outgoing (flight 200) Wed, Fri, & Sun. Returning (flight 201) Mon, Thur, & Sat.

I also got caught up in this mess. My outfitter wanted me to book certain days although it did not align with the days Delta was flying. Delta would let you book those dates, so I booked what the outfitter wanted at the beginning of January, for May but held off on booking my connecting flight with Airlink. Then about a month later here comes the alert that they've canceled my outgoing flight and rescheduled me a day later (a day they've been flying for months), moved my seats to where my wife and I were on separate rows and both in middle seats. I contacted my outfitter suggesting we go ahead and move my return out a day so we'd have the same number of hunt days and it aligned with the days Delta was flying. I figured it was only time until Delta also rescheduled it. The outfitter agreed and when I rescheduled the price fell by over 50%, wow! So, I've got a lot of e-credits now. On the seats it originally showed the plane full and would not let me adjust them. I messaged Delta and they said there was nothing they could do. I again checked later in the day and some seats had showed up letting at least get us back on the same row, although an aisle and window seat on a three-seat row.
Sorry but as you know Delta is a mess. Flying three days a week but selling other days and cancelling and now it appears they can’t even sell the 3 days a week with record low ticket prices. Under $800 from SFO? I can’t recommend them this year but if they have $1000 roundtrip flights to JNB next year I’ll gladly sit in the back!
when will life be back to normal?

I’m a Delta miles member… It works well when you are signed up. I Love their App actually.
They do have an excellent app. They were the first that I knew of with an actual baggage tracker. That peace of mind of knowing you bags are on the plane make the 15 hour flight more pleasant.
AA is catching up now but Delta is still better IMO. The Qatar app has very limited functionality. Very disappointing.

I have a reservation for Sept outbound from Atlanta on Saturday! You are making me nervous !
Sorry but you should be.

So if you're flight on Sunday is cancelled, you have to wait until Wednesday to go? For a person with limited time off, I don't see Delta as a viable means of getting to Africa.

I keep checking the seating on my outbound flight and it is already filling up. It's probably at 40% now and this is for a June 23rd departure.
If it gets to 75% capacity, I don't see how they could move everyone to the next day if that flight is also at 75% capacity.
Don't borrow trouble as they say, if you do, you won't get any sleep.

We were going to originally book our outbound Delta flight on a Saturday.
But decided it was safer to book it a day earlier based upon Delta's current actual flight dates rather than book on Saturday and hope by the time our travel date arrived that Delta had increased its outbound flights to include Saturday.
We just added one extra day to our time in Africa .
You might just consider changing your travel dates to match the current Delta schedule and then you don't have to worry about whether or not they have added a Saturday outbound when your travel date arrives.

Thanx guys for your advice. I will call Delta to discuss. I thought this would be high demand year due to Covid waning and people wanting to travel and hunt.

I've been looking a prices from Detroit, 7/22 to 8/4 Delta Premium seat is over $3300, United with a similar seat $4700, what the hell. If I were to drive to Chicago the premium seat on Delta is $2600, which is the price of Delta's main cabin seat from Detroit, how can that be, Detroit and Chicago are only 300 miles apart? I thought about driving to Chicago to fly out, I just don't want to do the 5 hour drive there and back especially after the flight home. I blew a great price on United in January, $3000 for the same days, I had the premium seat going over and first class coming home, all out of Detroit, just wasn't sure about going at the time, now I'm praying for a sale again, since I'm committed to going.

So if you're flight on Sunday is cancelled, you have to wait until Wednesday to go? For a person with limited time off, I don't see Delta as a viable means of getting to Africa.
Just a guess, if you get bumped a day and Delta doesn't fly the nonstop ATL-JNB flight, the alternative is ATL to Paris or Amsterdam and then to JNB.

you might want to check into a gun permit for Amsterdam just in case I don't know if there is a charge you travel agent should know, I do not think Paris is need traveling thru. just a thought in case that happens

I'm still tracking prices on my flight, just to see how it's trending. I paid $984 a month ago, it's been hanging around $1200 since. I just checked, it went from$1215 last night to $2690 this morning.

I received a email from Delta yesterday my flight has changed on May 25 departure time is now 7:30 instead of 9:30 which arrives in JNB at 4:55pm .( same as original schedule before covid)

That’s why my group and I are using Qatar. It looks like (whether they admit it or not) the 3 day a week schedule will be going for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross