Delta Flights To Johannesburg

Delta is requiring 1.5 million skymile points for business class seat ATL to JNB. This would require 70 ATL TO JNB BUSINESS CLASS TICKETS COSTING APPROX $490,000 . JUST CRAZY. PREMIUM SELECT ONLY 150,000 MILES. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE ACQUIRE SKYMILE POINTS PURCHASHING ITEMS OTHER THAN TICKECTS. POINT INFLATION IS HERE.

Delta is requiring 1.5 million skymile points for business class seat ATL to JNB. This would require 70 ATL TO JNB BUSINESS CLASS TICKETS COSTING APPROX $490,000 . JUST CRAZY. PREMIUM SELECT ONLY 150,000 MILES. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE ACQUIRE SKYMILE POINTS PURCHASHING ITEMS OTHER THAN TICKECTS. POINT INFLATION IS HERE.
Wow! Baggage class is looking better and better? LOL

It’s always been about 1M points but wow it’s gone up even from that. Delta business has always been a lost cause for most of us. I’m not sure who actually pays $10,000 for a plane ticket.

Delta is, in my opinion, the best run airline but their mileage rewards for international business class are the worst there are. Again, in my opinion, if flying delta international and don’t want to pay full freight for business class the best you can do is buy a coach ticket and use miles to upgrade to business class and hope there are upgrades available (often times there are not). It believe it is usually 50-90k miles each way to upgrade. The upgrades might only be available to people with status on Delta. I can’t remember.

Upgrades to business class from premium select was about 160k miles each way about a month ago. That was only for the flight from Atlanta to Joberg and what I was seeing for my flight in June. I didn't do it so I could save my miles for a free flight for my trip next year. I'd have gone on Qatar again if I had a bit more flexibility in my days I have because they are way cheaper and their business class is definitely top notch.

Prices have skyrocketed since the war started. My $984 ticket is now $2953 and the plane is showing to be 45% booked.
I did notice that the first class section had 4 seats come open compared to when I ran the numbers a couple of weeks ago, all other seating sections added more passengers.
Who knows what will happen? It sucks for our friends in Africa, two plus years of COVID, and now Putin starts a friggin' war, just as COVID is going away.
I read today where the TSA mask mandate expires on March 17th, I think it was the 17th, but they could always extend it.

I booked a pair of premium select seats from Montana to joburg for September 2 and delta has repeatedly moved my flights and I now have a layover in Salt lake of only 33 minutes. Is this enough time to get my guns and luggage and me on next flight to Atlanta ?

I booked a pair of premium select seats from Montana to joburg for September 2 and delta has repeatedly moved my flights and I now have a layover in Salt lake of only 33 minutes. Is this enough time to get my guns and luggage and me on next flight to Atlanta ?

No

The SLC airport is atrocious. While it's super nice inside, the layout makes it suck for travelers because it takes forever to walk the long distances. So for example, if you were to land and arrive at gate B1 and have to go to gate A1, your looking at close to 3/4 of a mile. Someone with mobility issues would struggle getting that far in that short of a time frame. If you're flying on a small plane that's operated by skeywest, chances are you will be coming into one of those far end B gates. The flight to Atlanta will go out of one of the A gates most likely.

The gun being checked in already in Montana do you won't have to recheck it. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll be able to walk fast enough to the gate to catch the next flight.

The SLC airport is atrocious. While it's super nice inside, the layout makes it suck for travelers because it takes forever to walk the long distances. So for example, if you were to land and arrive at gate B1 and have to go to gate A1, your looking at close to 3/4 of a mile. Someone with mobility issues would struggle getting that far in that short of a time frame. If you're flying on a small plane that's operated by skeywest, chances are you will be coming into one of those far end B gates. The flight to Atlanta will go out of one of the A gates most likely.

The gun being checked in already in Montana do you won't have to recheck it. It's just a matter of whether or not you'll be able to walk fast enough to the gate to catch the next flight.

And if your luggage will make it. I wouldn’t do it.

The delta gates are not far from each other-slc is a major delta hub so they have catered to delta travelers. it’s the other airlines that are in fact horrible due to the significant distances. Thirty minutes is very tight-I would re schedule it. If you stay deta the whole way, your guns and luggage should check through, but it’s always worth double checking.

Thanx you guys ! I have been on hold for 83 minutes. What a shit show. I did change this same thing 2 -3 weeks ago and their auto system changed me back!

Not worth the risk of baggage or you missing connection in SLC and cascading effect of problems if unable to get you or baggage to ATL in time for JNB departure. My rule of thumb when flying international is to leave original location early enough to have 2 connecting flights to ATL,JFK etc after original scheduled departure as backup. Good luck

The old terminal, not a chance. The new terminal, 30 minutes would be tight but doable, but a late flight in and you are toast.

I got a nice person finally and changed back to reasonable layover. She said they are auto changing flights far more than in the past due to many issues with routing. She also told me that during pandemic they downsized out many experienced people with early retirement and now demand is exceeding their ability to keep up.

Thanx again everybody for your advice.

As others have said I would rather to have to wait a few hours than need to run through the airport trying to make a flight.

When I came back from South Africa 7 years ago United placed us on a earlier flight out Dulles than we had planned for. That flight was taking off just as we got out of customs

If it haven't of been for Jennifer with Travel Express we would of had to try to find a flight on our own. The later flight that we ended up on was overbooked and they were bumping passengers.

This is where a travel agent earns their money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!