Delta 1st class

I am flying this route next month - American (first class) from Tucson to Dallas, Dallas to Doha connecting for Arusha (Q Suite) and Charter to camp. This was not as expensive as I thought it might be - about $6700 return, not including charter. I booked quite a while ago through TWG.
You might want to double check the DOH to Arusha as I dont think it is QSuite. I am going into Kilimangaro and it is standard business class. Either way it will be awesome!

I just returned from a trip on Delta from Atlanta to Jo'burg and back for a safari. I flew in premium select on the outbound flight. It was ok but the seat does not recline all the way and food and beverage service was adequate. I upgraded to Delta One on the return flight in order to get a flight on the day I needed to return. The little cubicle with the sliding door is a nice privacy feature and the seat reclines to flat, so I did get more sleep on the return flight. Food in Delta One was quite good for airline meals. I tried not to think about the difference in price, because it is quite large, but I had to get back on that flight. I would say that if money isn't a problem, go ahead and upgrade to Delta One.

But have you experienced the new Delta One? I have not but by all accounts is very good.

Flew Delta 1 this past spring Tanzania from Chicago. Tickets then were about $5k. Was a splurge for my wife and I.

Great seat, great food, & great service. Private seat and it lowered all the way down to flat for sleeping. After flying millions of miles over my career in cattle class, was a very good experience and worth it considering total flight time was 19 hours (2 - 9.5 hr segments).

It's a $4400 r/t upgrade charge and I only spent $1050 r/t for the ticket, so all in under $5500. Reading some of the suggestions, I kinda like the save your money and buy more animals idea.

Flew Delta 1 this past spring Tanzania from Chicago. Tickets then were about $5k. Was a splurge for my wife and I.

Great seat, great food, & great service. Private seat and it lowered all the way down to flat for sleeping. After flying millions of miles over my career in cattle class, was a very good experience and worth it considering total flight time was 19 hours (2 - 9.5 hr segments).
Nice. I wish ATL-JNB had that kind of pricing.

Has anyone flown the Atlanta to JNB route on Delta flying first class?? If so, is it worth the money?
Have flown the business class six times. Always used points to buy the tickets. It’s expensive but them you get to lie flat and sleep when you want.

I flew it back in 2014…. I think it was called Delta one. It was great. I had my own lay down cubby. Service was fine. In the 16 hour flight I got about 7 hours of sleep. I was on the flight with a NFL hall of famer. We. got to talk a lot & drink a lot. Couple of movies… food, drink & sleep. Wake up & in Africa. It was great.

For those who have flown Delta from Atlanta to Jo'berg in recent month, how full are they usually? All seats taken or just moderately full?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!