Cz feeding problem

Ok here is what I'm going to do. I cut masking tape 4 layers for .016 to the size of the problem area. Put it back into the rifle. I cycled 50 rounds trough it trying to make it malfuntion. All 50 rounds cycled perfectly.
So I am going to sacrifice one of my feeler gauge blades and shape it to the shape of the blue tape. Then I am going to silver braze it in place and polish it up. I feel this will work.
 

Attachments

  • 1000007424.jpg
    1000007424.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Ok here is what I'm going to do. I cut masking tape 4 layers for .016 to the size of the problem area. Put it back into the rifle. I cycled 50 rounds trough it trying to make it malfuntion. All 50 rounds cycled perfectly.
So I am going to sacrifice one of my feeler gauge blades and shape it to the shape of the blue tape. Then I am going to silver braze it in place and polish it up. I feel this will work.
Yeah, that should work. Unless feeler gauge has plastic blades. And yes I remember when some had plastic blades. For setting points in distributor if I recall correctly. Now I'm dating myself. Must be real old if I remember distributors with points. Aluminum blades might not work well, though I don't remember any made of that material. Some were brass but those would mow be antiques I would think. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

When Dennis Olson put the barrel on my 404 project, I still had rails, follower, and ramp to finish up. He gave some good tips on the process. Last step is modifying the follower. He told me he had clients who bitched about the misshapen appearance of tuned follower. "Whatta ya want? Pretty follower or gun that cycles properly?" Who looks inside the action at the follower? Most of the time the follower is covered with cartridges anyway.
 
Steel gauges. I remember distributors and points seem I was always adjusting them. Pretty sure plastic would melt before solder flowed. When I get it done I will post pictures.
 
Steel gauges. I remember distributors and points seem I was always adjusting them. Pretty sure plastic would melt before solder flowed. When I get it done I will post pictures.
I was making a joke about plastic feeler blades. Good on you thinking outside the box.
 
How did this work out?
Glad you brought this thread up again. I recently discovered a feeding issue with last round in my 404 Czech Mauser. But it was due to the follower catching on throat of receiver where it meets the magazine box. Bullets on that final cartridge were similarly shoved down but unlike OP's problem the cartridge rim was captured by bolt face. Bullet jammed against the loading ramp. Cleaning up the sharp edge of follower cured the issue and my 404 now cycles fine. Then when check cycling a box of reloads for Africa I noticed my Springfield 03A3 was cycling rougher than it should. With the bolt removed I pushed a cartridge onto bolt face. The rim snapped up under the claw with more force than should be needed. Using a carbide tip bit in Dremel tool I trimmed back a bit of bottom corner of the claw. Made a huge difference.
PXL_20260804_150719791.jpg

Another poster indicated he had to similarly modify the claws in his two CZ big bores to make them cycle properly.
 
Last edited:
Hard to clamp the piece on follower. I am sure it will work but had to put it on hold while I finish some house repairs.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,248
Members
169,312
Latest member
massagecenterkarachidha
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top