www.mattanjahuntingsafaris.com
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI ; DSC ; HSC
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa
Good Day AH Members

For the 2024 season I have again some fantastic Crocodile hunting available! We'll be hunting my main hunting area in the Limpopo Valley and this specific area offers some of the best crocodile hunting in the Limpopo Province! These Crocodiles are roaming freely on the area and it's a proper fair chase hunt to get you your desired trophy!
I also have a limited number of Hippo available on the same area

Hunt Breakdown:
  • 5 Days / 6 Nights for 1 Hunter x 1 PH - US$ 1 500.00 (US$ 300/ Day)
  • 1x Crocodile - US$ 4 400.00
  • Road Transfer to/from Polokwane Airport Included
    Total: $ 5 900.00
Daily Rate Includes:
Full board Accommodation
All Meals, Bottled Water, Soft Drinks, Local Beers & Wine with Dinner
Hunting Permit
VIP Meet & Greet at the Airport
Services of a Licensed Professional Hunter, Tracker & Skinners
Road Transfer to and from Polokwane Airport
Fully equipped hunting vehicle & transport in hunting areas
Daily Laundry Service
Camp Chef
Field Preparation of Trophies
Delivery of Trophies to local Taxidermy

Daily Rate Excludes:
Observer / Non Hunter - $250.00 Per Day
International -, Domestic Airfare & Air Charters
Accommodation before & after the hunt.
Taxidermy Cost
Dip & Shipping of Trophies
Temporary Import/Export Permit, Rifle or Ammo Hire
Side Trips & Daily Activities

Additional Plains Game Species are available at a 10% Discounted Rate for AH Members! Please get in touch with via email for a detailed Tariff List.

I'm available on email, WhatsApp or DM for any enquiries
info@mattanjasafaris.co.za | +27 84 469 6897

IMG_2201.jpeg

This is a very interesting hunt as there are about 400 crocs in this privately owned area. You sneak around the edges of the water and look for the big ones…while some are crashing all around you and even under you in the cut banks. We took mine from about 40 yards away, shooting through a bush after we crawled in close. In my opinion, it was a lot more interesting than baiting for one. Afterwards, I threw rocks at the crocs coming up to take a bite out of mine while we were taking photos. It's very sporty! This is a great chance to go for a 13 footer or possibly bigger. There are some ancient crocs in this location.

How large is the concession, what is the trophy fee on hippo, and are both animals exportable to the U.S.? If it’s a father/son 2x1 hunt, what is the additional daily rate?

How large is the concession, what is the trophy fee on hippo, and are both animals exportable to the U.S.? If it’s a father/son 2x1 hunt, what is the additional daily rate?
Hi @txsouthpaw,
The hunting area is 12 350 Acres. Trophy Fee on a Hippo is $10 500, hippo prices in South Africa are a bit higher than other Southern African countries.
If you want to do a father/son 2x1 hunt, I can do an additional Daily Rate of $180 / Day for you

We saw a croc, just before taking the one above in the photo, that was a bit longer and unbelievably a good bit wider! He is STILL there and is a freaking tank of a croc. These big ones have a 6th sense about them and while setting up for a shot, his eyes opened and he was gone. He's been evading hunters for years. I would go back just to try for him again. Godzilla is real. If I ever see him again, I will go for him.

IMG-2211.jpeg

Don't miss out on this hunt for 2024!

AH Members, I still have some dates available for the 2024 Season, don't miss out!

AH Members, I still have some openings available for Croc hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hattie05G

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.