Courteney boots - USA source other than ASC?

deewayne2003

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I purchased my first ever Courteneys from @rarebreed on this forum and fell in love with them; can anyone tell me if there is a different source for Courtneys in the USA besides African Sporting Creations?

I ask because I just returned a set of all brown Selous with ripple sole to ASC and Jim was easy to deal with and told me to send them back for a refund because they were NOT the same size as my 12.5's that I'm currently wearing and despite their being stamped 12.5 they are NOT the size they are marked and to be honest the quality of them was surprisingly not on par with the current pair I own.

So if you have any source for a 12.5uk mens wide Courteneys with either a ripple or cleated sole(NOT 4x4) - PLEASE let me know.

IMG_2210.jpeg
Left is my current set and right are the Selous I just returned today.

Oddly enough I also noticed that despite the selous being brand new from ASC are stamped 2019 where as the set I got from RareBreed last year were made in 2021.

Again my set left and returned selous on the right
IMG_2212.jpeg

ASC will surely chime in but I'm certain ASC gets theirs straight from the Courteney Factory in Zim. Even if there was another source in the US, not sure the original source in Zim would change. Point being, if you are unsatisfied with the quality, they are all coming out of the same place unless you can find an older model on the shelf somewhere else.

ASC will surely chime in but I'm certain ASC gets theirs straight from the Courteney Factory in Zim. Even if there was another source in the US, not sure the original source in Zim would change. Point being, if you are unsatisfied with the quality, they are all coming out of the same place unless you can find an older model on the shelf somewhere else.
Think you’re missing the point … I’m MUCH happier with the more recent pair that I have, than the ones that I returned and Jim even stated that if they were as I described that he would trash them.

ASC was great to deal with they just don’t have anything in stock my size and I asked if they could get some by August and was told it was highly unlikely.

My current set with manufactures date of 2021 as plainly stated in OP - are my favorite footwear of all time and with flat feet I deeply regret not having tried them sooner.

Im just trying to get another 12.5 set to wear while hunting - If only ASC had them in stock.

So again to the OP intention being - if anyone knows of another source of them please let me know. Example: My current set are marked Westley Richard’s so maybe their is another store/source with some.

I have seen that W.R. Sell Courtneys. I would like to add Courtneys are now making their boots on a new last that gives more toe room. I have a closet full of Courtney boots. I believe that the new Courtney fit better, especially in toe room.

Regarding production dates, 12 1/2 is a rather large size, so perhaps they don't move as fast off the shelves? Aside from that, it seems that you have (had) two different models there, the two-tone looks like the "Selous" and the all-brown looks like the "Safari". That should not really explain the felt difference in size, though, but could possibly be the reason the fit differently in some way. Could of course be that the label is marked with the wrong size.... unless perhaps stuff made for the US market is stamped with US sizes?

No idea regarding other US distributors - not my continent - but as mentioned above, it is all from the same factory.

I bought my Courtneys from Westley Richards in 1997 - try there or maybe Rigby's. And don't forget eBay. I get a ton of stuff there.

I think the issue is that the newer model uses the new lasts with the wider toe box. So you need new 2021 and later boots to please you.

I have the opposite problem, I like the original fit, so I have to get mine in Zim and politely ask them to use the old patterns and the narrow toebox.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 8.00.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 8.00.06 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 8.00.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 8.00.08 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the issue is that the newer model uses the new lasts with the wider toe box. So you need new 2021 and later boots to please you.

I have the opposite problem, I like the original fit, so I have to get mine in Zim and politely ask them to use the old patterns and the narrow toebox.
You hit the mail on the head!…. FYI if you know anyone with the same preference and 12.5 shoe- call ASC quick as they have a set betting returned that are apparently the last old school set of 12.5’s with ripple sole left in the USA.

I purchased my first ever Courteneys from @rarebreed on this forum and fell in love with them; can anyone tell me if there is a different source for Courtneys in the USA besides African Sporting Creations?

I ask because I just returned a set of all brown Selous with ripple sole to ASC and Jim was easy to deal with and told me to send them back for a refund because they were NOT the same size as my 12.5's that I'm currently wearing and despite their being stamped 12.5 they are NOT the size they are marked and to be honest the quality of them was surprisingly not on par with the current pair I own.

So if you have any source for a 12.5uk mens wide Courteneys with either a ripple or cleated sole(NOT 4x4) - PLEASE let me know.
@deewayne2003 Westley Richards in Gulf Breeze Florida. I got my first pair from them.

Think you’re missing the point … I’m MUCH happier with the more recent pair that I have, than the ones that I returned and Jim even stated that if they were as I described that he would trash them.

ASC was great to deal with they just don’t have anything in stock my size and I asked if they could get some by August and was told it was highly unlikely.

My current set with manufactures date of 2021 as plainly stated in OP - are my favorite footwear of all time and with flat feet I deeply regret not having tried them sooner.

Im just trying to get another 12.5 set to wear while hunting - If only ASC had them in stock.

So again to the OP intention being - if anyone knows of another source of them please let me know. Example: My current set are marked Westley Richard’s so maybe their is another store/source with some.
Yeah I definitely missed the point :ROFLMAO:

DeeWayne,

Thank you for your post. You forgot to share the reason why I told you I even had those boots in the first place. A customer who did not buy them from me said he picked up the wrong size on a recent trip to Zim and would I swap them out. In the interest of customer service we agreed to help him out. I took a look at the boots (not the heel stamp) and put them in inventory. I now realize his story was all BS.

His representation was not accurate and I would have been better off giving him service with a snarl. In spite of how this all played out I will continue to try to offer service that exceeds our customers expectations.

DeeWayne,

Thank you for your post. You forgot to share the reason why I told you I even had those boots in the first place. A customer who did not buy them from me said he picked up the wrong size on a recent trip to Zim and would I swap them out. In the interest of customer service we agreed to help him out. I took a look at the boots (not the heel stamp) and put them in inventory. I now realize his story was all BS.

His representation was not accurate and I would have been better off giving him service with a snarl. In spite of how this all played out I will continue to try to offer service that exceeds our customers expectations.
I left out the return part in an attempt for discretion; I didn’t want people hitting you up for exchanges on products you didn’t sell.

Again you have great service and I would buy another pair from you if only you had them in stock; I also left out the part about me asking you if you could get anymore in stock before August, to which the answer was no.

In 2015(?) I ordered mine directly from Courtney and shipped to Canada. The hardest part was trying to do the wire transfer done at my local bank.

Grace was great to deal with, I’m not sure if she’s there still

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!