Couple of days to go

Sounds like a great start. Best of luck on the rest of your hunt!

Once you get back- I'd be interested to hear what Luanda is like. I hear its crazy expensive wild-west kind of place.

Have a great safari and all the best.

looks like all is going well
keep em rolling

All finished up in the Kalahari. We are now in Odendaalsrus at Joe Regal's taxidermy. He has a Lodge here for wing shooters mostly but the odd rifle hunter stays here as well. We went out for some Dove Shooting this evening, heading back out tomorrow for a couple of hours in the am. Flying home tomorrow.

We are all waiting for Pictures ...and....the rest of the Story. sounds like you had a great hunt.

So here is my Springbok .
IMG_1254.JPG

Here are a few pics of the area we hunted Eland. We tracked them hard the second day of the hunt. The third day we figured out that he split from the herd and we went back and tracked him in about two hrs. Day three we walked about 14km in the morning. Day two we didn't check how much we walked but we knew it was at least double what we walked on day three. It was a challenge.
After he was harvested I finally got the chance to take a good look at him. I was amazed.

IMG_1322.jpg
IMG_1323.jpg
IMG_1335.jpg
IMG_1344.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The afternoon of day three was Gemsbok day. Another long afternoon of tracking and walking. There was a herd that winded us and we bumped them a couple of times. Then Jeffery the tracker did the sudden stop and said "Gemsbok".

IMG_1362.jpg
IMG_1363.JPG
IMG_1364.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG

1. So we were in Lion country. I was the tag along guy. The other hunters were after Lion. My good friend and hunting buddy was going to take one with a bow. They had a tough day on day three and pushed the Lions a bit too much. The grass is tall in the area due to higher than normal rains. Perfect for Lions to hide in. So day four I hung out with the Lion crew. Wow.
  2. My friend was successful in harvesting the Lion. While we took pictures, the other Lion was close and calling. We stalked the second Lion and he was harvested successfully. The two Lions were harvested within two hours. The PH's were very happy that it went text book smooth, the day before was not so smooth.
  3. since this was not my hunt, I won't post pictures with the exception of a good morning selfie shot of two friends enjoying our time.

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1471.JPG
The afternoon of day four was Blesbok day. Once again the Tracker Jeffery and my PH put me on the animal. I used Stuart Pringle's .270Win with the loud silencer.
We spotted the Blesbok and stalked him for a bit. I was lined up for a chest shot and as I squeased the trigger, he turned. I hit him far back. Quick track for about two mins and presented a great side shot. He went down.

After we harvested my Blesbok we were going to put Electrical tape around his horns and send a picture the the Lodge Manager/PH who was out with other clients. There is a pet Blesbok on the property that they have taped up the horns on, apparently he came up behind some people in the past.
I included a shot of one of the Buffalo herds on the property. This was the reason my PH carried a 500 Jeffery around while we hunted.
The rest are shots of the property and our last evening meal.

IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1310.JPG
IMG_1311.JPG
IMG_1314.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG
IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1491.JPG

The next morning we got up late and packed up to go to Odensdaalsrus to meet Joe Regal and his Son Nathan Regal. There is a small Lodge that we stayed at on Joe's property where he also has his Taxidermy business. Wow, I was amazed.
We went out for a Dove shoot for a few hours with Nathan. Then we came back for a great meal and a drink. We were up early the next morning for another two hours of shooting.
I had to get to Johanessburg for my return flights so they dropped my off and this morning they continued on to Hoedspruit.

IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1502.JPG
IMG_1503.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG
IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1509.JPG

Wow, you had a great hunt and took some nice trophies. Thanks for sharing it. Like most of us are you already thinking about or planning your next trip?

Yes I'm already planning the next trip. In fact my wife started planning the Namibia trip for next year last July, during our first trip. As I mentioned, this trip was a quick planned trip from January.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross