Could a .22LR possibly kill a leopard?

Discussion in 'Firearms & Ammunition' started by Hoss Delgado, Jul 7, 2019.

1. WAB

WAB AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
    We’ve been expecting it any day for a month now.

Hoss Delgado likes this.

2. rinehart0050

rinehart0050 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
    What a wonderful thread. To @Kawshik Rahman thank you for sharing your experiences. Really inspiring stuff.

To @Hoss Delgado very much looking forward to your book. You should offer limited, signed editions here on AH. I'd certainly buy a copy!

3. Hoss Delgado

Hoss Delgado AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Thanks man :D let me try a .510 Wells Express first !

rinehart0050 likes this.

4. Kawshik Rahman

Kawshik Rahman AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Thank you Rinehart0050 , for your kind words. I , however , hope no body reads this and tries to go after big game with a shot-gun. The sporting method is to use a good medium heavy caliber rifle . The one exception to this is leopard for which l will always recommend a shot-gun with two barrels and SG shot of 12 bore calibre,

rinehart0050 likes this.

5. gesch

gesch AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
    Hunted:
    WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)

Kawshik Rahman likes this.

6. gesch

gesch AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Sheboygan Rifle and Pistol Club NRA
    Hunted:
    WI, WY, AL, TN, KY, Namibia (x2)
    Fantastic reply. Your explanations and history are incredibly interesting to me. I especially enjoyed your teaching on how well meaning politicians ruin wildlife populations—perhaps some are not well meaning. We face this type of approach in the US in our day. I am looking forward to the book by Hoss Delgado—especially the portion on your life. When you visit the US if you are near Wisconsin I would greatly enjoy hosting you for a meal and hearing more reminisces of your life. Thank you again.

Kawshik Rahman likes this.

7. Kawshik Rahman

Video/Photo:
    Thank you for your kind words. But only the condition that l treat you and your family dinner as well the following day . I am a fan of many American chains : Popeyes Chicken and Biscuits , Chick Fil-A and White Castle. I make it a point to eat at these places when ever l visit my niece once every two years. American Fast Food is a guilty pleasure of mine . And the mint chocolate cookie ice cream from Ben and Jerries .

8. Shootist43

Shootist43 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA
    Hunted:
    Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
    Kawshik Rahman, rest assured that you would be a welcome guest into many if not most of AH members homes. When and where in the U.S. will your visits take you? If by chance it is near Detroit, please give me a shout.

Wyatt Smith and Kawshik Rahman like this.

9. Kawshik Rahman

Video/Photo:
    Thank you for your kind words. I will be visiting my niece and her boyfriend in Arizona. Then , l will go to Texas to visit my former client and friend , Don Fernando Delgado ( grandfather of the member , Hoss Delgado ) . I have a 10 year visa in the United States of America and whenever l go , l stay for a month. I am certain l can clear time on my schedule for any fellow hunter. I will also be purchasing 250 rounds of Federal 12 bore cartridges , as l usually use Winchester , Remington or Game Bore in my country ( as those brands are among the best imported ones ) and have heard excellent things about the Federal brand of shot-gun cartridges.

rinehart0050 likes this.