Cooper Firearms bought out?

Obi Wan Kenobi

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Saskatchewan, Argentina
I'm sorry if this has already been posted or inaccurate. I ordered a rifle through a Cooper distributor almost 2 years now. I've been patient because my hunt in Africa is 2024. I called a few days ago, sounds like Cooper has been sold to some Germany company that has a factory is Arkansas. The guy had no idea when or if my rifle will ever get made due to factory problems. Factory relocation ect ect. He said about 400 orders through him alone have been held up for nearly 2 years.

He went though some long story didn't want to throw Cooper under the bus but sounds like they had to sell after covid.

Any information would be nice.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted or inaccurate. I ordered a rifle through a Cooper distributor almost 2 years now. I've been patient because my hunt in Africa is 2024. I called a few days ago, sounds like Cooper has been sold to some Germany company that has a factory is Arkansas. The guy had no idea when or if my rifle will ever get made due to factory problems. Factory relocation ect ect. He said about 400 orders through him alone have been held up for nearly 2 years.

He went though some long story didn't want to throw Cooper under the bus but sounds like they had to sell after covid.

Any information would be nice.
This is somewhat correct.

Nighthawk Custom, located in Berryville, Arkansas, a US company, bought Cooper Firearms. They will now be known as Cooper Firearms of Arkansas, LLC and be located on the same campus as Nighthawk. I think the confusion about being a German company is because they have a partnership with Korth to produce revolvers.

Mark Stone, CEO of Nighthawk, posted this about the purchase of Cooper:

I am pleased to announce that Nighthawk Custom LLC has acquired Cooper Firearms of Montana, known for custom bolt-action rifles. The rifle company will now operate as Cooper Rifles of Arkansas LLC and will be located on the same campus as Nighthawk Custom in Northwest Arkansas. Nighthawk Custom will proudly be the exclusive distributor of all Cooper Rifles.

Customers of Cooper will be pleased to know that the name, legacy, and reputation of building high quality custom rifles will continue, and we as a company look forward to strengthening the brand and even improve upon the quality of the past.

We ask for your patience during this time of transition as we move all operations to Berryville, Arkansas. At this time, we are not able to give you an exact date that Cooper Rifles will begin operations. The process will take time, and our goal is to ensure the same great products and customer service from Cooper Rifles that you have come to know and expect from Nighthawk Custom. It will be worth the wait, and we know that you will be thrilled with the quality, craftsmanship, and our excellent customer support.

As owner and CEO of Nighthawk Custom, I am very excited about this acquisition. Cooper has a long reputation of building fine and accurate rifles for over 30 years. Each rifle will be built with 100% fully machined parts, stunning wood, hand checkering, and beautiful finishes that are a perfect fit with our existing offerings that we are known for.

Please like and follow Cooper Rifles social media and check out the website for the latest news and information. We will do our best to keep you up to date and informed on our progress.

Thank you for your continued support. We are excited for what 2023 holds and we are thankful that you are a part of it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.18 AM.png
    822.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.19 AM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.30 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.30 AM Large.jpeg
    260.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.31 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.31 AM Large.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.33 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.33 AM Large.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 36
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.34 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 8.42.34 AM Large.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 40
This is somewhat correct.

Nighthawk Custom, located in Berryville, Arkansas, a US company, bought Cooper Firearms. They will now be known as Cooper Firearms of Arkansas, LLC and be located on the same campus as Nighthawk. I think the confusion about being a German company is because they have a partnership with Korth to produce revolvers.

Mark Stone, CEO of Nighthawk, posted this about the purchase of Cooper:

I am pleased to announce that Nighthawk Custom LLC has acquired Cooper Firearms of Montana, known for custom bolt-action rifles. The rifle company will now operate as Cooper Rifles of Arkansas LLC and will be located on the same campus as Nighthawk Custom in Northwest Arkansas. Nighthawk Custom will proudly be the exclusive distributor of all Cooper Rifles.

Customers of Cooper will be pleased to know that the name, legacy, and reputation of building high quality custom rifles will continue, and we as a company look forward to strengthening the brand and even improve upon the quality of the past.

We ask for your patience during this time of transition as we move all operations to Berryville, Arkansas. At this time, we are not able to give you an exact date that Cooper Rifles will begin operations. The process will take time, and our goal is to ensure the same great products and customer service from Cooper Rifles that you have come to know and expect from Nighthawk Custom. It will be worth the wait, and we know that you will be thrilled with the quality, craftsmanship, and our excellent customer support.

As owner and CEO of Nighthawk Custom, I am very excited about this acquisition. Cooper has a long reputation of building fine and accurate rifles for over 30 years. Each rifle will be built with 100% fully machined parts, stunning wood, hand checkering, and beautiful finishes that are a perfect fit with our existing offerings that we are known for.

Please like and follow Cooper Rifles social media and check out the website for the latest news and information. We will do our best to keep you up to date and informed on our progress.

Thank you for your continued support. We are excited for what 2023 holds and we are thankful that you are a part of it.
Thank you sir I'm some what relieved. We'll see how this works out Ive put up half a deposit.

Reactions: MTA
Good to know as I have a Cooper .22 LR bolt action rifle. I had to send it back to the factory once due to its failure to extract unspent cartridges. It's a nice rifle which we use in competitions and I hope I can get it serviced should the need ever arise.

If they build rifles the same way they build 1911s, this is great news

Mark Stone, CEO of Nighthawk Customs, sent this letter out by email this afternoon:

February 3, 2023:

Dear Valued Cooper Customers,

I know that there are questions following the announcement of Nighthawk Custom’s acquisition of Cooper Firearms of Montana. I hope this will clarify the current state of Cooper.

The backstory:

Nighthawk Custom was contacted by Cooper the week before Thanksgiving to see if we were interested in purchasing Cooper Firearms of Montana. This acquisition happened very quickly. It was not a scenario that had been in the works for a long period of time.

By the first week of December, a fact-finding team from Nighthawk Custom went to Montana to research the opportunity. After analysis and discussion, an asset purchase deal was made. By December 9th, a second group from Nighthawk Custom traveled to Montana to inventory, load six semi-trucks, and move everything to Arkansas.

This asset purchase includes the Cooper name, the intellectual properties/drawings, tools, and all inventory. We did not purchase any of their CNC machines; however, we have ordered new machines and are currently waiting on them to be delivered. To summarize, we are completely rebuilding Cooper Rifles from the ground up in Arkansas and plan to be operational in late 2023.

In the meantime, we are working on hiring some of the existing Cooper staff that will move to Arkansas and begin rebuilding Cooper, as Cooper Rifles of Arkansas. I know a lot of you have questions about existing orders, warranties, and other things. I ask for your patience and hope you can understand that this happened quickly and is a process. We want to make sure that this is completely planned out, so that we can take the best care of you all going forward.

Thank you again for your patience as we work through building this company and continuing the Cooper legacy for generations to come.

Sincerely,

Mark Stone
Owner & CEO of Nighthawk Custom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross