kowasadventure.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
NAPHA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
NAMIBIA and ZIMBABWE and SOUTH AFRICA
As an attendee, WHICH of the following hunting shows / conventions do you prefer to attend and WHY?
DSC (Dallas Safari Club) or
SCI (Safari Club International)
If not applicable to the above two, which shows do you prefer to attend and why?

For me, DSC is the one show I usually don't miss. SCI is a bit far, I can drive to DSC in 4 hrs. Would like to go to SCI once, just hasn't worked out yet.

DSC is only a little over 3 hours away by vehicle. Price isn't exorbitant. The volunteers like @Jfet are absolutely first class. AH dinner that @PHOENIX PHIL puts on for all of us is fantastic. Plus I get to say hi and visit with you and your mom for a few minutes.;)

Just don't feel the need to go to both shows.

PS: You and your mother need to make it to the AH dinner this year!

Last edited:
DSC without a second thought. Much closer for me. One of my friends is a big bore dealer. He has been an exhibitor at both DSC and SCI for many years. He knows I have attended the Dallas show for many years. Last year I asked him would it be worth it for me to go to SCI after attending Dallas. He said no. That is good enough for me. Also, I don't gamble and only drink a couple of beers at a time. So no interest just because it's in Las Vegas! If I were on the west coast or the mountain states I may think different!

DSC hands down.

I'm local to Dallas, so it's obviously more convenient and cheaper to attend.. but that's not really my motivation at all..

I like the organization better.. most outfitters I know tell me they like the organization and the show better.. and the "feel" of the show is warmer and more friendly to me..

I volunteered at DSC last year and will be volunteering again this year.. it's the one show I won't miss.. and would be in attendance even if it required cross country travel..

DSC for all the reasons given, and I seem to be more aligned with the organization itself.

Now that I live in Texas that makes it even more of a no brainer, but for the last four years I flew in from Atlanta.

Like @K-man said, I'd like to do SCI just once.

And like @Wheels said, make it to the AH dinner this year!

I'll be heading to my first DSC this year. Picked it over SCI for the reasons above - live in Texas and the chance to go to the AH dinner.

May try to swing a trip to SCI, if I can find some bargain Southwest flights...

DSC-

Cheaper to attend, a little smaller and more personal feel.

DSC is my preference, been to both. Now that I live in Texas it makes it that much easier of a decision. There may be a few better deals at the SCI show but there are deals to be had at DSC as well. If you want to hunt it, you can book it at DSC. My liver usually needs a body replacement after more than two days in Vegas which also adds into the equation. I am also the type of person that believes I can turn a hard earned deposit on a hunt into much more at the blackjack table(never happens that way).
Dallas has a lot going for it as far as reasonable rates on rooms, fine dining and not to mention the great group of people that attend the AH dinner that Phil does such a great job arranging. As I type this I am wondering just what in the hell I am going to Vegas for next weekend. Lol

Dallas, it's closer and cheaper to attend. Some of the same folks at both, and you get first choice dates as SCI is later in the season.

Ive been to both numerous times and ill choose SCI over DSC every tine. SCI event is just so much neater. More taxidermy, more and better vendors, etc. id be careful judging on the posts above as a majority of them seem to be local to the event which i understand. Pound for pound thougb, SCI is a much bigger and more fun event in my books.

For me it doesn't make much difference. Dallas cost more for me to fly to and the hotels are not as cheap as Vegas. My wife likes Vegas more for her to do. It cost me about the same to go to either one. I could drive to Dallas which is only 500 miles away. Vegas would be even cheaper if it wasn't held on super bowl week.

Any more feedback and opinions...?

Iv'e been to both and I prefer the DSC . More personal and has it all .
And I live in Texas !!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandaokelle05

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg