Companies that are Non-Supportive of Hunting

The ASPCA sets forth their opposition to Sport hunting at 6.3 of their Policy and Position Statement.

It would be rather strange if the ASPCA were supportive of hunting in any form considering that they are protecting animals from abuse, mostly domesticated animals but nevertheless if they were supportive of hunting it would seem to be a contradictory philosophy to many of their supporters. That separation wouldn't be understood nor accepted. I am not surprised they aren't pro hunting, while they could intellectually separate hunting from animal abuse, it's a touchy situation that would make them lose funding and support from many sources. Lastly, whether we hunters like it or not, whether for culling, consuming or trophy hunting there is an undeniable element of cruelty associated with the action of killing. It's as old as this world but it's a fact. I have dealt with the ASPCA in a couple of situations that required their intervention. Overall, they are very good, concerned people who act with a great deal of integrity. I don't hold their anti hunting stance against them. This isn't to contradict you but if ever an organization or entity was deserving of some slack in their anti hunting view, I would cut them that slack over many others who preach their wonderful animal protective views but never hesitate to wear leather from head to toe and eat meat on a regular basis, or butcher gingerly in the privacy of their kitchen.

I started hunting when I was nine years old with an air rifle and understand that there will always be some opposition to hunting and hunters. I like fair chase but not some driven hunts where 50 hounds tear apart an out of breath petrified fox or if the fox ends up in a hole, a terrier is sent after it to bring back the doomed fox. I am strongly against this form of hunting. In Europe when hunting is mentioned, most people think of fox "hunting", chased mercilessly to death. I understand the anti hunting sentiment of non hunting Europeans.

The ASPCA would be the last I would look at sideways because they are anti hunting. I understand them as well. Once again, I'd like to state that this isn't to contradict you. It's just my view, I regret the fact as you say that they spend a great deal of their budget fighting hunting ...

As for Subaru, thanks for mentioning them, I wont buy one of their cars.

Last edited:
FAMOUS GROUSE SCOTCH
supports anti-hunting group who oppose grouse hunting in uk

tis a shame ...I loved the stuff but won't touch it now

FAMOUS GROUSE SCOTCH

It is sad how a well meaning company (ies) often times are duped into supporting organizations which purport to support wildlife and conservation. Marketing in the electronic age.
Here's hoping the Famous Grouse folks catch on.

REI I figured would be on the list. They always struck me as being a little anti. But Gerber and Muck boot is shocking. Who buys muck boots other then hunters!!!
people in the new england states that walk around looking pretty in 'em! lol

Verizon. They suddenly dropped the Outdoor Channel and the Sportsman Channel. They continued Al Jazeera.
That says everything about Verizon.
my local cable co. as well-no doubt owned by the larger, more evil MSM

FAMOUS GROUSE SCOTCH

This is really sad.

It's crap anyway.. Jameson all the way
Add Costco to the anti gun list. Stores in my area have a sign posted "No firearms in the store." I guess that's for those who open carry. Most people here carry concealed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add Costco to the anti gun list. Stores in my area have a sign posted "No firearms in the store." I guess that's for those who open carry. Most people here carry concealed.
Unfortunately, it applies to all, not just the open carry folks. As it is private property, they can post it as they want and it does open the door to them pressing trespass charges, if they caught someone carrying.
That said, either take your business elsewhere, or, make sure it's properly concealed on their premises. If they don't see it, no harm, no foul. If needed, worry about the sign after dealing with the threat. I always apply the axiom; "I would rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6". (Think we can call that the Rittenhouse approach now).
disclaimer-I am not a lawyer. This is how it works in CO, might want to verify, but I'll bet NV is the same.

Not surprising for Costco but also a local thing for you I suppose. I went into Costco yesterday and no firearm signs at all. I specifically looked. Costco is certainly a liberal west coast company though.

Unfortunately, it applies to all, not just the open carry folks. As it is private property, they can post it as they want and it does open the door to them pressing trespass charges, if they caught someone carrying.

Not necessarily true. It depends on the justification. In Georgia as an example signage does not prevent carry no matter what it says. Now of they see you and ask you to leave then you must, or be trespassing. But, if you comply and leave you've broken no law.

Point being, know the law in your area.

Not surprising for Costco but also a local thing for you I suppose. I went into Costco yesterday and no firearm signs at all. I specifically looked. Costco is certainly a liberal west coast company though.

Not necessarily true. It depends on the justification. In Georgia as an example signage does not prevent carry no matter what it says. Now of they see you and ask you to leave then you must, or be trespassing. But, if you comply and leave you've broken no law.

Stupid auto-correct.... Jurisdiction, not justification.

^^^This^^^

You said it better than I. Sounds like Georgia is pretty much the same as CO.

Not quite anti hunt ,but " anti trophy hunt" , owners behing My Outdoor TV, was a post here a while back, reason why they wont send Big 5 hunts on their channel and shows,so when they bought Danish based"Hunter's Video's" bye bye to those good films they made through the years

Ikea

H&M ( ironiccally Mauritz Widforrs is the " M" there. The owner bought up the MW hunt store many years ago,since he had little sales in his own clothing store and it took off to what we know it as now. Plus the owner hunt much worldwide and is member of the Royal Hunt Club,

Anything Indian and a lot of things British.

anti-hunting policies?...may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their armpits!

A shorter list is companies that tolerate hunting generally and big game hunting specifically.

In RSA. Dont forget:

1Land Rover
2.Melville and moon canves apparal and seat covers
3. Cape Union as Marius mentioned
4. Landmark Leopard trust led by Dr Bool Smuts - pro-choice hatespeach inflammatory bastard. Check theor webside
5. Woolworths - claiming they sell “prefator friendly lamb”
6. SPCA. Going bankrupt but refusing help from KZN HUNTETS to financially support.

Many more. Sanparks, Ezemvelo erc failing at population control and activity killing Suni, red duiker etc vis habitat loss.

* and please don’t forget the photographs/ terorists Derick and Bev Joubert*

Last edited:
Have an in-law who's a Delta exec. He asked me why I wasn't flying "our" airline again on my next trip over. Told him "your" business has a problem with my Buff. Buff wins.

Two reasons Delta has a problem about shipping hunters's trophies and excessive ticket cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!