Combo Gun

zephyr

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
945
Reaction score
2,002
Location
Vermont
Media
20
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Found in the up and coming Rock Island Auction April 24th

 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.48.10 PM_zpsvc0nlvsr.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 4.48.10 PM_zpsvc0nlvsr.png
    287 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty cool. I wonder what it will bring?
 
On that light a frame has to be a .500 BPE cape gun. That means a .50 cal BP load. Typically these used a 70ish gr black powder charge. It was (and is) a fine deer and boar round, but it is not an African weapon. If it is in proof and no issues, then this is a $2500 - 3k gun.
 
Agreed with above. They are dime a dozen and are $1000-$3000 guns. 99% of them are Belgian or Indian. (Brit makers selling to the colonies)

Easy to regulate with just one rifle barrel and almost always BP. Not suitable for dangerous game but ideal for deer hunting in states with overlapping grouse seasons. Murphy's law says you ALWAYS flush grouse on the way to the deer stand and those are sadly the only grouse you see all year. :( Mr. Murphy is a jerk.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,119
Members
169,704
Latest member
GilbertGrant
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top