Colt Customer Service

rookhawk

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Mar 4, 2015
Messages
10,453
Reaction score
31,034
Location
Wisconsin, behind the cheddar curtain
Media
153
Articles
4
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I don't buy very many production firearms so I assumed when I needed to call Colt today I'd get the run around and be treated with lousy customer service that is to be expected on any mass market product. I was really wrong.

Issue: The rear sight "windage screw" fell out of my colt Kodiak revolver after carrying it in a holster for last 90 days.

Call the main number: Press 1 for customer service.

Answer: First ring, a human being that speaks perfect English answers the call that is a consummate professional. It took 60 seconds to explain the make, model, serial number, and the problem. Another 15 seconds for him to confirm my name and address that was already in their customer database because I registered the revolver for a cash rebate promotion when I bought it. No payment required, they stand behind their product. Another 15 seconds for him to give me an installation tip to use a little blue loctite.

The best 3 minutes of my day was dealing with an American company that builds a quality product and knows how to take care of their customers.

Conclusion: I will be buying more Colt products.
 
Good to hear.

Is that an improvement due to Colt's acquisition by CZ?
 
Good to hear.

Is that an improvement due to Colt's acquisition by CZ?

I had to contact them about 12-15 years ago, and I was disappointed enough to not want to deal with them ever again. So, hopefully this is a sign they have stepped up customer service.
 
a good friend bought a used high end beretta trap shotgun off the internet that had a small screw for adjusting the rib missing, a call to usa beretta had not one but two on the way with in hours. i don,t own a beretta shotgun, but if one turns up at a good price i,ll buy it.
 
a good friend bought a used high end beretta trap shotgun off the internet that had a small screw for adjusting the rib missing, a call to usa beretta had not one but two on the way with in hours. i don,t own a beretta shotgun, but if one turns up at a good price i,ll buy it.
I had the tang of my Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II crack and a “hang nail” sliver of wood sticking up, we took the stock off and it was quite obvious that the part that cracked was taking all the recoil with only 20% making contact and lop sided.

Beretta’s response …..

“We warranty our wood stocks for 1 year and yours is 3 years old; we can try to match a new rear stock to the fore grip for $1000.”

I got a full replacement takeoff set of good looking walnut and had it fitted correctly and immediately sold it, now the only Beretta shotgun I own now is the old 390 with black plastic.

@rookhawk Glad to hear that, Ruger has been easy to deal with over the years and only issue was actually Rugers fault - I had one of the new Semi auto 22 pistols I think it was the MKVII with the magazine release button, Ruger replaced the pistol and even sent a $20 check for the transfer fee.
 
Glad to hear that about Colt.


I bought a Python in the late 80's and the cartridges wouldn't fit in the chambers.

It was a Christmas present and I didn't have time to send it back to Colt.

I had to pay a gunsmith to rebore all 6 cylinders.


(The largest gun shop in Athens, GA was of, absolutely, no help at all).
 
the three Colts that I've been involved with have never needed any repairs so I've not had occasion to contact them, but it sounds good if I do have an issue. the only firearms issue that I've had was with a Ruger 77 tang safety. When out of stock the barreled action was dropped a short distance, landing on the tang. the tang was bent which prevented the action from fitting into the stock and the safety was inoperable. I contacted Ruger and they said they wouldn't repair it, but would give me a$200 credit against a new rifle. they wanted MSRP, about $500. Same rifle market price $300. I kept the rifle and had a gunsmith straighten the tang.
 
The best 3 minutes of my day was dealing with an American company that builds a quality product and knows how to take care of their customers.

Conclusion: I will be buying more Colt products.
I have Colt 1911, national match gold cup, made by Colt, Connecticut.
But I wonder how that would work if I dialed from Europe.
However, nice to know.

This gives me good impression of the quality colt company maintains, and customer support.

We have this level of support for firearms made by "HS produkt", our firearms factory.
Life time warranty, just take it to factory, and they will fix it for free.
"Hs produkt", exports to USA, via Springfield (Pistols: XD, XDM, Echelon, hellcat, rifle Hellion, SBM/PCC Kuna)
 
Last edited:
the three Colts that I've been involved with have never needed any repairs so I've not had occasion to contact them, but it sounds good if I do have an issue. the only firearms issue that I've had was with a Ruger 77 tang safety. When out of stock the barreled action was dropped a short distance, landing on the tang. the tang was bent which prevented the action from fitting into the stock and the safety was inoperable. I contacted Ruger and they said they wouldn't repair it, but would give me a$200 credit against a new rifle. they wanted MSRP, about $500. Same rifle market price $300. I kept the rifle and had a gunsmith straighten the tang.

Funny how places always want to give you a massively depreciated "credit" but expect you to pay full MSRP.
 
I’m glad you had a good experience!
Mine was the exact opposite. An issue came up with a Colt SAA so naturally I called Colt. For 3 days and endless minutes on the phone I never heard a persons voice.
Ended up calling an outfit in California who specializes in Single Action Army’s. They do a banner business I’m sure.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,414
Messages
1,575,511
Members
170,343
Latest member
Caren18C50
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top