Color phase Springbuck and Blesbok, who has them in South Africa?

Pulling up their website now. Thanks

And FYI, I'm slowly getting around to all of the people/PH's mentioned. Have sent most, if not all of them an email, and will be calling many of them on the phone as time permits.
Appreciate all the input.

Great Copper and common springbuck with bow.
IMG_3808.jpeg
IMG_4720.jpeg

Thanks for the input from everyone. I've been researching and doing my homework.
While I've found most of the animal prices are relatively in the same ballpark, it's the day rates that I have to pay attention too in my search. Prices range from $200 to $450 per day. For a twelve day hunt, at $450 a day, there's not much animal money left. Maybe I could stay at a nearby hotel and just Uber to camp everyday? :giggle:

If the outfitter make you a package deal then the daily rates come down quite alot. Something to keep in mind.

After a lot of thought, I've changed course. I'm not getting any younger and if I want to shoot a buffalo, I better do it while I can still draw a heavy bow.
As of this morning, after purchasing an 80 lb bow, I'll be redirecting my search. Instead of a long list of plains game, I'll put a buffalo at the top of the list and maybe add a couple of PG to go along with it.
I want a spot and stalk, no hunting from a blind. I don't want the buffalo that you see on the internet or instagram that are standing around a truck waiting for a bale of alfalfa to be tossed out.

I was planning on a late September hunt for the PG, but now that I've decided to go after a buffalo, what is the best time of year to go?

… some over look the hunt experience & value of a quality Buff Cow Hunt. I had a brief Buff Cow hunt experience in 2021 & intently researched an Operator for a dedicated hunt & return for 2022.

Have a look @ Limcroma Safaris & their great Buff Cow Pkg for 2023 along w/ a personalized/discounted PG rates w/ this Pkg. You will not be disappointed w/ the extremely well managed/organized operation, top class professional PH Team & Staff, Quality Lodge, & strict game care & management = Top Tier Trophies! Plus, a dedicated & Topo diverse Archery Only concession … Full Monty Operation! (y)

I just returned from a 10-day Sept hunt & great success across 5/trophies.

Time of year? June into Sept the bushveld is at its barest so some advantage to glassing/stalking but what I experienced, S Africa had outstanding 2021/2022 wet season & there was still thick bush & knee high fresh grass across all concessions. We were up early, checking for fresh tracks at waterholes & road crossings … all on foot trekking the tracks thru the bush & w/ some close hair raising 20 - 30-yard encounters!

B1E0038A-37AA-42C9-82C3-82D92E923898.jpeg

After a lot of thought, I've changed course. I'm not getting any younger and if I want to shoot a buffalo, I better do it while I can still draw a heavy bow.
As of this morning, after purchasing an 80 lb bow, I'll be redirecting my search. Instead of a long list of plains game, I'll put a buffalo at the top of the list and maybe add a couple of PG to go along with it.
I want a spot and stalk, no hunting from a blind. I don't want the buffalo that you see on the internet or instagram that are standing around a truck waiting for a bale of alfalfa to be tossed out.

I was planning on a late September hunt for the PG, but now that I've decided to go after a buffalo, what is the best time of year to go?
September is definitely a good time.

After much consideration and reviewing some great offers, I decided to go with Strang Middleton in Zambia.
I've known Strang for several years and I've been telling him I'd book a hunt with him "one of these days." Well, it's now "one of those days!"
He's one of the reasons I make it a point to attend the DSC Convention, just so I can sit and visit with him. He's a world renowned bow hunter in his own right and I highly admire the man.
He made me a great offer, one I couldn't refuse, and it allows me to mark several items off of my bucket list.
  • 1. A chance to hunt in Zambia
  • 2. Bow hunt for;
    • Cape Buffalo
    • Crawshay's Zebra
    • Chobe Bushbuck
    • Puku
    • Oribi
  • If time allows, a trip to Vic Falls
  • and the pleasure of bow hunting with my friend, Strang Middleton
I still plan on returning to SA one day for the plains game, but if I want to go for the buffalo, I need to go while my shoulders are still intact and I'm able to draw a 70 - 80 lb bow.
During my research for the colored phase animals, I've had the great pleasure of speaking with several PH's and they have all be outstanding to deal with and I hope to remain in contact with them going forward. They now have my WHATS APP number and I'm constantly getting pictures and updates from their hunts, which are always a highlight of the day to receive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobbyBoyer

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you