COLD and SNOW

One day this week the early morning low was like 45 degrees here. I had to run the windshields defogger!

It's nice now but damn those pesky bugs and snakes you have.
 
I have to say I'm completely insane when it comes to waterfowl. I'd gladly go hunt ducks or geese in this crap. That's certainly the only reason I'd get out in this though. If the wind dies down to about 10mph all the geese will pile into the fields to feed. It should be a fantastic morning for waterfowling.
Good luck
 
It's nice now but damn those pesky bugs and snakes you have.

Really no issue with the snakes. Scorpions can be a nuisance, but that's why they make pesticide. You get your payback when it's July and I leave work for home driving with two fingers.
 
image.jpg


This dummy tried driving over a pressure ridge on our local lake last week. We went to see if there were any fish shacks out today and saw that it's still there. Frozen in solid. @gizmo it's like your Cadillac Ranch at Amarillo!
 
Saw the weather report for Montana yesterday. It showed Bozeman at -53F. The Winter I spent up there it never got colder then -20F.

This desert rat didn't like it very much.
 
Turned the AC up to 79, 77 was just a bit too cool for shorts and t-shirt. I almost had to put on long pants! I try to avoid that until January.
 
I'm happy with my A/C tonight and then the Heater for the 20s come Monday morning. Great to hunt in that stuff, loved it. But it's not for this Cajun to try to live in it.
 
Saw the weather report for Montana yesterday. It showed Bozeman at -53F. The Winter I spent up there it never got colder then -20F.

This desert rat didn't like it very much.

shit an you people actually live in these places!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
upload_2016-12-18_3-16-50.jpeg

upload_2016-12-18_3-17-22.jpeg
........................................................o_O
 
Down jackets and insulated pants and you're set. It keeps all those venomous critters way far away. Which to my mind is a worthy trade off.

It also keeps the population in check and running for California.

.
 
Some of ournAfrican friends think we are joking when we talk about how cold it is. We have an artic front that just moved in. Right now the the still air temp is -22 F (-30 C). The high temp is forecast to be -8 F. I'm in my Miles City store. 170 miles to the South in Gillette at home the wind chill is -43 F (-42 C). So how do you think business will be today? 4 inches of freash snow on the ground.... Might not be too busy. Then I get to drive home with the nasty roads. Enjoy the warmth in Africa or even the Southern US. Bruce
And God bless Texas - though we too are going below freezing (at dawn) for three days.
 
Down jackets and insulated pants and you're set. It keeps all those venomous critters way far away. Which to my mind is a worthy trade off.

It also keeps the population in check and running for California.

.

Long under ware 300 weight fleece and Gore Tex outer layer, with good boots, beard, long hair and a wool toque.
 
Bloody hell .
I can almost see Antartica from here on a nice day .
And we never ever get that cold .
You guys are nuts .
No wonder you drink to much .
 
As a kid, I grew up in upstate New York and then Spokane, Washington. I loved winters with all the snow and cold. But as I've grown older and after 3 assignments in tropical locations in various parts of the world, I've grown soft. Still like the cold and snow, just in shorter intervals.

I don't think we'll get any snow by Christmas in Lagos. Thankful to have good AC and somewhat reliable electricity.

upload_2016-12-18_6-50-13.png
 
.........
No wonder you drink to much .
What the hell is the Aussies excuse then?

You are still further from that ice sheet down south than we are from that north ice sheet. :ROFLMAO:
 
Last edited:
What the hell is the Aussies excuse then?

You are still further from that ice sheet down south than we are from that north ice sheet. :ROFLMAO:
HA !!!
I dont know Brick ??
You will have to ask an Aussie that question .
Us Kiwis only drink in moderation .
I personally only drink till I drop , not a mouthful more .
Cheers dory .:D Beer Bottle:
 
Left a window open last night, chilly in the house.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,311
Messages
1,572,531
Members
169,578
Latest member
TaniaZ5549
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top