Coffee time

I am addicted to coffee and specifically to Nespresso Original coffee. My latest favorite is the ones from Zimbabwe (lungos)

This is from an email sent to me from Nespresso last December 31st. Girlfriend probably drank about 15 - 20 percent of it.

View attachment 427497

Bloody hell, are your hands still steady enough to shoot?

Many years ago I used to regularly have lunch with friends at a cafe near the office. The owner was Greek. He got to know us as regulars and used to offer us traditionaly made Greek coffee. One cup would leave you buzzing all day. Love it!

I have seen 63 countries in the World, and I drink coffee daily. I am coffee drinker.

But, my measuring yardstick is beer, not coffee.
And by that measurement, London pubs excel!

Well, pubs in England also excel in pub food. I spent a year in Oxford a very long time ago. I left 10 pounds heavier than when I arrived. Shepherd's pie and treacle tart with hot custard on top almost daily does that to you. :ROFLMAO:

I spent a year . I left 10 pounds heavier. :ROFLMAO:
Ten pounds in a year?? I recall one Summer that I worked in California rebuilding a trailerhouse. I started shortly after sunrise and worked til about 11AM, then resumed at 5PM til dark. My lunch consisted primarily of two quarts of beer and maybe a sandwich. I started the Summer at 150 and ended at 170. Fortunately I was able to get back down to 150 by Christmas.

I also love a coffee once, twice, three or four..... times a day.
The older I get the more I enjoy good coffee. This is a distinct departure from when I first started drinking coffee when I first started work in my late teens. It was instant coffee back then out of a tin and its sole purpose was to keep me awake.
Today we have coffee machine and all sorts of equipment to make a good brew.
Even when I am away in the bush I have been accused of being fancy because I took a Honda 2kva generator and espresso pod machine.
These images below are from my recent trip to the top of Australia on a camping trip with my son fishing and hunting. No more generator. We now use 2 X 100ah lithium batteries hooked up to a solar panel on the roof of the vehicle and an 2200 watt inverter to run the pod machine. Quiet, hot coffee anywhere anytime.

1632888835243.jpeg

1632888937950.jpeg

1632889126504.jpeg

The older I get the more I enjoy good coffee. This is a distinct departure from when I first started drinking coffee when I first started work in my late teens. It was instant coffee back then out of a tin and its sole purpose was to keep me awake.
Even when I am away in the bush I have been accused of being fancy because I took a Honda 2kva generator and espresso pod machine.
These images below are from my recent trip to the top of Australia on a camping trip with my son fishing and hunting. No more generator. We now use 2 X 100ah lithium batteries hooked up to a solar panel on the roof of the vehicle and an 2200 watt inverter to run the pod machine. Quiet, hot coffee anywhere anytime.

View attachment 427553

View attachment 427554
View attachment 427555
Very cool truck friend

Couldn't resist, lol!

I guess I'm a bit less finicky than some. Even enjoy my own version of cowboy coffee. Btw, the trick is to just add to it. The old grounds are "Mother" and she is needed to complete the flavor. Only time she needs to go is if the pot hasn't been cooked for a day or more. 'Course, that might be why I also like flavored creamers.

Good coffee is often a product of the circumstances it's served in. Fresh in the morning looking at the sun coming up over elk camp always makes for a good cup of joe. Following an excellent meal is another time when coffee seems to always be good.

Sister brought me some beans from Honduras. THAT was some excellent brew. My brother is a coffee snob. His current method uses a glass carafe over the stove. Functions much like a percolator. Not sure what beans he uses in Bonaire, but his coffee is pretty good also.

View attachment 427553

View attachment 427554
View attachment 427555

Overkill,

You are supposed to be enjoying hunting and the simple things in life like camping

Most coffee is good coffee if you wake up in the bush.

Nothing wrong with getting a GOOD takeaway coffee as you travel when you know the good cafes. .

Of course if I were camped with you I would shut up and appreciate the coffee.

Is there a hunting report for that trip?

I don't recall seeing any mention of the Cover cat coffee. The one where the cats eat the beans and they roast the undigested beans found in the poop.

I'm sure it's just a gimmick but I read that the cats eat the best fruits or beans so they then figure these are the prime beans.

I did see it is served on Australia but it might cost several times what you might pay for a decent Cafe Coffee otherwise..

Actually, to add to this my Brother tried Old town coffee in Malaysia and we can buy the satchels at a supermarket.

Old Town is a Chain or Franchise he said. Something like Starbucks or Gloria Jean's.

That's about as fancy as what I take camping
16331400139865680958839305536427.jpg

Zim is currently awash with boutique coffee farms, most are pretty good and in all the top ones you can see a degree of oiliness on the beans. The oil seems to give a bit of froth too.
The latest is this one, and of course the label appealed to me. The roast is just right, nutty flavour with a slight bitter finish. Benefits from a little milk.

24BA5E84-5DF9-4E2D-883E-5C86A8EC8BBD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zim is currently awash with boutique coffee farms, most are pretty good and in all the top ones you can see a degree of oiliness on the beans. The oil seems to give a bit of froth too.
The latest is this one, and of course the label appealed to me. The roast is just right, nutty flavour with a slight bitter finish. Benefits from a little milk.
View attachment 464475
That sounds great Kevin, what’s your shipping rate? ;)

After a nice indulgent meal with good company my brother and I always end the evening with a double espresso and separately a shot of black zambuka with a couple of coffee beans floating in it. The better restaurants heat the zambuka and serve it flaming. Settles things wonderfully!

After a nice indulgent meal with good company my brother and I always end the evening with a double espresso and separately a shot of black zambuka with a couple of coffee beans floating in it. The better restaurants heat the zambuka and serve it flaming. Settles things wonderfully!
I prefer ouzo, but I could live with the extra sweetness in a sambuca!

while we're talking about anise-flavored liqueurs, ever tried absinthe?

View attachment 464475
Is the industry a sign of an improving economy? It sounds like a very positive, and delicious, development

I'm embarrassed to say that I like Starbucks dark roast - Sumatra. I occasionally will find a cup that I like even better but it's never repeatable. Either the local water made it great or the meal I just finished, or something else. Either way, I'm pretty happy with a hot, black Sumatra. The only thing that makes it better is to drink it with alternate bites of a fresh glazed Krispy Kreme doughnut...

Is the industry a sign of an improving economy? It sounds like a very positive, and delicious, development
Zim is a real enigma, the middle class is strong and growing, but they have perfected every which way to avoid taxes. So amenities are falling apart rapidly - roads, power, water, refuse collection. There are little first world islands here and there like Borrowdale and Hellensvale where people mainly fund their own infrastructure.

Zim is a real enigma, the middle class is strong and growing, but they have perfected every which way to avoid taxes. So amenities are falling apart rapidly - roads, power, water, refuse collection. There are little first world islands here and there like Borrowdale and Hellensvale where people mainly fund their own infrastructure.
Hopefully it's just growing pains. I am looking forward to seeing the country someday. It will be a sight to come home with a suitcase full of coffee!

I was wondering about this thread when I got my yearly accounting of Nespresso coffee. About 600 pods less than last year as I was out of the country for about 3 months.

8Vh4Zbfl.jpg

Really like the Zimbabwe coffee that they bring out now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a coffee aficionado like most here but do enjoy coffee. Most memorable coffee I ever had was when fresh out of high school I worked for a couple of weeks on a local tugboat towing log rafts around Puget Sound.
The best part by far of that time was the food and the coffee! The coffee the cook made was cooked on top of an old oil stove in a big pot. No idea what kind of coffee he put in it, probably some cheap stuff out of a can, like Folgers. But I do recall he would break an egg or two in the grounds in the basket, shells an all.
Finest coffee I ever had!
Wife and I really enjoyed the local coffee we had in Tanzania, very earthy flavored, in fact we got to calling it Tanzania Dirt coffee, we loved it.
These days I only drink two cups in the morning and I like Folgers French Roast for that. Not very exciting I know but it works for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross