Clothing for spring arctic grizzly hunt

Always follow the list and then add anything you as an individual know you like in the field. A quality layering system is a necessity for sure. There are a few companies out there that have good stuff. Nose around at a couple outdoor stores/shops and you will find what you like. Camo pattern isnt an issue as plenty of multipurpose patterns out there and you will use you system for all hunting and fishing in the future im sure. Sounds like a great hunt! Ive hunted spring bear in AK twice during the thaw and it was a blast!

If rain is possible (it's Alaska, duh), a lot of people have found out the hard way that most type of GoreTex, Kuiu, Sitka, etc type rain gear starts to leak after a few days of constant rain. When I did a coastal brown bear hunt at Wildman Lake with Butch King, he recommended Helly Hansen Impertech rain jacket and pants. This is the rubberized type slicker suits that you see commercial fisherman wear. On my spring bear hunt, it worked great! I had 10 days of sunshine, so I folded up the rain gear and sat on it. Fifteen hours a day x 10 days of "sit on your ass and glass", you need some padding.

You might only need it once or twice but I could not do the cold without the right gear.

If it's a once in a lifetime hunt you don't want to fail because you couldn't keep warm and dry..

Cold and miserable are not the memories you want to have.

I say this as Australia is warming up and I have never seen snow.

Good luck with the Bear, be sure to bring one home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!