checking in from Afghanistan

Ticonderoga

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been a "reader" on this board for a few years. A buddy and I have always dreamed of an African Safari and I've checked this site from time to time to keep the dream alive.

Been overseas for a few years now and have been using my holiday time to get some traveling done. Eventually I'll work my way to Africa...

Around the World and Back

I'm currently working with a couple of chaps from S. Africa and hearing their big game stories has rekindled my interest so I purchased a Win Mod 70 (stainless) in .375 H&H. It came with a trigger job, topped with a Zeiss on quick release mounts & the stock has been laminated, aluminum pillared and bedded.

I always liked the "classic" look of Safari guns but really wanted a stainless. I think that this rifle brought the best of both worlds:

Well, I finally have a "question" to ask on one of the boards so I had to "break down" and sign up for an account LOL.

Anyhows, I've always enjoyed reading all of your posts and looking at your photos. Looking forward to joining the club.

Attachments

• wm_2177202.jpeg
    wm_2177202.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 53

Thunder head

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NWTF, NRA
Welcome to the board,
Are you serving in the military, or working?

KMG Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.huntsafaris.co.za
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand, USA, Canada
Hi Ticonderoga,
Welcome to the forum! Answers to all you questions are right here. Enjoy your stay.

All the best,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

dwerner

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Welcome. I guess there is no hunting available in Afghanistan, so you have to go to Africa to try your new .375.

Ticonderoga

Reaction score
hunting

Welcome. I guess there is no hunting available in Afghanistan, so you have to go to Africa to try your new .375.

Oh, I wouldn't say that there isn't any hunting here, but it is of the two legged species. And every few months there is a dog culling; the wild dogs reproduce and then start to work their way into camp. They are usually dispatched at night using floodlights from the towers or sometimes with a silenced 9mm and night vision.

But its just not quite the same LOL...

tim416

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC

There are a few categories of hunting awards you can work towards only in Afghanistan. I believe you can achieve the coveted "Taliban Slam" there.
Ticonderoga, Thanks for your service and you guys are in our prayers daily.

Billy Stewart

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Welcome to the forum glad you joined us. That is a fine looking rifle now all you need to do is blow some powder down her!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldoBor

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J