checked luggage

Hyde Hunter

AH elite
Joined
Dec 22, 2019
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
1,761
Location
Stickney,SD
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
3
Member of
life member NRA,CowBoy Fast Draw
with the theft going on in Joburg does anyone know if you can shrink wrap your checked bag before checking in at your HOME airport? I know I will in Joburg for the trip home. thanks
 
I’ve never seen it, but I also think theft in Johannesburg is overblown. Pack your binoculars and anything valuable in your carry on. Pack your normal clothes and other items that won’t draw attention in your checked bag. I’ve had my bags delayed several days at Johannesburg, overnight when I wish I could have claimed them with my rifle, and they’ve never been touched.
 
I switched to Luggex this last trip for my checked bag. Sturdy and has tsa lockable latches.
I also wrapped around it one of the nylon lockable straps from amazon.
I had my cpap, binos , ammo and all items not in carry on in it. I really like it over other bags I have used.
 
with the theft going on in Joburg does anyone know if you can shrink wrap your checked bag before checking in at your HOME airport? I know I will in Joburg for the trip home. thanks
If you are taking ammo, you can not do that as most likely they need to weigh it. There is a reason I take Pelican Air 1615. At 62" it is exactly at airline specs for luggage and pretty light. Not to mention, plenty of padlocks.

Can it be broken into of course. However, it is not the low hanging fruit like a zippered bag.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,313
Messages
1,572,577
Members
169,587
Latest member
MalcolmVan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top