Chapius Iphisi 375h&h

Looks like this could be a really good time to offer AH.com members a special deal or even military discount. :) I live in OKC and really need to see one in the flesh.
I would expect Champlin Arms to be in line to get one or two.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.02 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.03 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.04 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.06 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 7.01.07 AM.png
    813.8 KB · Views: 64
Well Champlin Arms HAD one;)

@Just Gina needed a smaller younger sibling to her Chapuis Elan 450/400 NE :)

I asked if it was a little sister or a little brother but J.J. was there (he's taking "it" to the NICU for some tender loving care before it can come home), and he said "who knows this day in age?"

So I guess we need to wait for it to go to kindergarten so the teacher can let us know....
39632.jpeg

And here's a picture with George himself.
39634.jpeg

Last edited:
Well Champlin Arms HAD one;)

@Just Gina needed a smaller younger sibling to her Chapuis Elan 450/400 NE :)

I asked if it was a little sister or a little brother but J.J. was there (he's taking "it" to the NICU for some tender loving care before it can come home), and he said "who knows this day in age?"

So I guess we need to wait for it to go to kindergarten so the teacher can let us know....
View attachment 499938

And here's a picture with George himself.
View attachment 499942
Very nice!

Congratz Gina, look forward to your first hunt report with the new double:A Yell:

Beautiful, but pray telk, what is the calibre of this sibling?
Hi Kevin, let me help you out here;)

The title of the thread is "Chapius Iphisi 375h&h". That is exactly what the new gun pictured is. Might be one of if not the first one to hit US soil :)

"@Just Gina needed a smaller younger sibling to her Chapuis Elan 450/400 NE"

That is the gun she bought just over a year ago!

I remember you going back and forth between a 375 and 450/400NE.... Didn't you end up with Heyme 450/400NE? Are you happy with your choice?

Hi Kevin, let me help you out here;)

The title of the thread is "Chapius Iphisi 375h&h". That is exactly what the new gun pictured is. Might be one of if not the first one to hit US soil :)

"@Just Gina needed a smaller younger sibling to her Chapuis Elan 450/400 NE"

That is the gun she bought just over a year ago!

I remember you going back and forth between a 375 and 450/400NE.... Didn't you end up with Heyme 450/400NE? Are you happy with your choice?
Hi Action Bob, thanks for the explanation. Yes you are rifht, I opted for a Heym 89b in 450/400 and I have no regrets at all, it is a fantastic calibre. Well done to JG on the Iphisi, I am longing to hear the range feedback.

Well, the ones I had in stock were polished up in a matter of, uh, a day. Very rewarding on one hand, but I had to be very creative when it came to sending a shooting sample for a writer's writeup. :LOL:

There will be more coming within a month, and more yet in the new year.

BTW, please make sure that if you scope it, you use high or extra-high rings, and that you use the fixed ones (i.e., the ones locked with an Allen key).

Well, the ones I had in stock were polished up in a matter of, uh, a day. Very rewarding on one hand, but I had to be very creative when it came to sending a shooting sample for a writer's writeup. :LOL:

There will be more coming within a month, and more yet in the new year.

BTW, please make sure that if you scope it, you use high or extra-high rings, and that you use the fixed ones (i.e., the ones locked with an Allen key).
What’s the issue with lower rings? And not using QD mounts?

Lower rings will be too low because the rib is machined to mimic a Talley base. With lower rings you may not be able to clear the express sights and the top lever, depending on what scope you use.

Also, quick detach have the fins. Because the rib is the base, the fins won't clear the barrels as you turn them.

I hope this answers your question. Extra highs will be the safest choice, although with highs you can pretty much retain the same cheek weld as when you use open sights.

I understand it’s made for Talley rings if you scope it. My question is what about a Doctor mount for a red dot?

We are working with a few red-dot manufacturers to make a model compatible with Talley bases.

Just chiming in to give my two cents....I work with Tom, I'm a field sales rep for Benelli USA...i.e Chapuis as one of the brands. I just recently got my Iphisi 375 sample and it is for real. It actually took a couple days for me to adjust to the idea that its a 10k gun,...it feels and looks worth more. If it shoots like I think it will, wow. I will be doing a bunch of hand loading for this thing and posting the results. Although its regulated for the readily available Hornady 300 grain load, I plan to try some loads with every 300 bullet I have and see if velocity is matched the regulation holds. I haven't met a double yet that I couldn't load regulate.

In regard to the last question about a red dot. I'm not sure how that will be done. I would imagine that Gary at Talley would be able to design and product one.....that might be a good part Tom Leoni

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross