R.M.C.

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
U.S. , Canada, and RSA
Caught this female bobcat this morning on my parents farm in Pennsylvania, thought I'd share a picture. We're only allowed one per year. Anybody got any cool ideas for mounting it? I've got a small one full body mounted laying on a rock already. Thanks for reading.
IMG_20221231_085018_7.jpg

Congrats! I’ve always wanted one mounted jumping up at a grouse or some game bird. An open mouth rug would also be cool, as already mentioned.

Very Cool. Thanks for sharing

Nice cat, I’ll be excited to get one one day. They haven’t made it to my area yet. We do have otters and fishers now though.

Nice cat, I’ll be excited to get one one day. They haven’t made it to my area yet. We do have otters and fishers now though.
They've been really multiplying in my area, just a few years ago they were much more rare to see. I bet it won't be long before they're in your neighborhood.

Nice! Bobcats are starting to make their presence known in western Ohio now. Saw one on the farm awhile back, between them, hawks and coyotes they put a beating on my quail and pheasants. I've heard talks of trying to get an open bobcat season in Ohio, maybe that'll be coming to PA soon? I am not sure how thick they are in your state.

As far as mounting goes, I would vote to get a full body "soft" mount. They basically stuff them and turn them into a teddy bear lol. You can position them however you like then. A lot of people use them as a "pillow" for the couch or sit them on top of furniture or the fireplace. It defiantly allows you to interact more with your mounts without being afraid of damaging it since its meant to move around.

Nice! Bobcats are starting to make their presence known in western Ohio now. Saw one on the farm awhile back, between them, hawks and coyotes they put a beating on my quail and pheasants. I've heard talks of trying to get an open bobcat season in Ohio, maybe that'll be coming to PA soon? I am not sure how thick they are in your state.

As far as mounting goes, I would vote to get a full body "soft" mount. They basically stuff them and turn them into a teddy bear lol. You can position them however you like then. A lot of people use them as a "pillow" for the couch or sit them on top of furniture or the fireplace. It defiantly allows you to interact more with your mounts without being afraid of damaging it since its meant to move around.
They definitely multiply around here lol
No kidding, I've never heard of a soft mount. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Those soft mounts are really something, I wonder if anyone has a soft mounted zebra? If so, they're probably a member of this forum lol
That would defiantly be cool, perfect to lay up against near the fireplace.

Since you are a trapper, might be cool to get skin it and tan it and have it put on a stretcher.

Thats Soft mount sounds awesome, hope someone does that with a mountain lion.

Nice sized cat, but no offense intended, you are not far enough north to get a better rue prime pelt. I would flat skin it. It would make a cool throw on a coffee table or sofa.

Nice sized cat, but no offense intended, you are not far enough north to get a better rue prime pelt. I would flat skin it. It would make a cool throw on a coffee table or sofa.
No offense taken, I agree. I just have too many assorted tanned hides hanging on the walls. I'm curious about this soft mounting, might be cool to have it curled up in a chair one day and stretched out across the back of the couch the next. Thanks for your input.

Caught this female bobcat this morning on my parents farm in Pennsylvania, thought I'd share a picture. We're only allowed one per year. Anybody got any cool ideas for mounting it? I've got a small one full body mounted laying on a rock already. Thanks for reading. View attachment 508437
Congratulations! That is awesome. My husband would love to get one of those. If you don't mind me asking, where at in PA are you from? I'm from Western PA, about an hour north of Pittsburgh in a small town called Fenelton. Now I live in Idaho with my husband. Sorry, I don't feel qualified to offer recommendations on how to have it mounted. I hope people give you some great ideas.

Like you I have mine mounted laying on a log. I had a cat specialty taxidermist i wanted to use and didn't want to spend $1200 for a side view sneak pose. In retrospect, I wish I had done so.

I vote View attachment 508439
Yes, I like this mount!

They definitely multiply around here lol
No kidding, I've never heard of a soft mount. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the suggestion.
I've never heard of a soft mount either. Is that something new?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg