Cartridge collection - exchange

PARA45

AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
9,768
Reaction score
40,797
Media
114
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Africa
6
USA/Canada
4
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
On the "Pay it forward-free" thread, someone had some cracked 505 Gibbs cases, and someone asked for them for his cartridge collection. I asked if it was a good idea to have a separate thread for cartridge collection where we could exchange cases/cartridges/dummy rounds, etc to enhance our collection and the response was positive.

Like the "Pay it forward-free" thread, let's post on here extra cases we have that we do not use or if they are no longer usable for us collectors to add to our collection. I believe this will be great for some of us who have started collecting cartridge, and those cases not ending up in the trash or collecting dust in a drawer. If you do not collect but have extra cases that are no longer usable, pass them on, don't throw them away.

What do you all say?
 
I think it's a great idea, @PARA45.
 
I like it a lot....
 
Agreed!


I bought a box of .458 Lott in anticipation of getting a CZ chambered for the round.

I met the guy, bought the gun, took it home, then saw it was chambered in .458 WM.


I was still hopeful, because I had read that some CZ's that were barrel stamped .458 Winchester would chamber .458 Lott.


Mine didn't, but I wanted to keep one round for my collection.

Now I have 19 rounds that I will probably never use...
 
I would like to please get in line for one, since I do not have one. (y)
 
Thanks, for the info.


My PH used a .458 Lott on my last hunt, and "no-thanks" - a .458 Winchester is plenty for my shoulder!

With modern bullets, I think I'm fine.
 
That's super cool. Well played, Sir.
 
Ill take a 458 lott

In return ill offer:
one shot 9.3 x 72r - have the gun and have delusions of grandeur for reloading for it at some point.

Many 280 ackley improved - just uncommon enough where it might fit into someone's collection.
1000014101.jpg
 
Great idea @PARA45 ... I have a cartridge collection started myself and enjoy adding to it.

1000055789.jpg


A lot of this thread will be "honor system" - for example if you receive 1 piece but offer 19 up, it should be fair to ask for more later that might fit your collection without having to offer more each time. ... I believe most will ultimately offer more than they take.

@Safari Dave - I would take one of the 458 Lott if available, let me know if any of my offerings would work for your collection.

@Journey - are you offering a loaded 9.3x72, or an empty case? Same with the 280AI. I would take either/both in live rounds if you'd like to trade for something I have. See below.

Here's a list of some options I can offer up to anyone interested. Most available as either a live round or an empty case, but I did not look at all the boxes to be sure about having empties:

Shotshells: 12, 16, 20, 28, or .410 (live ammo)

Several Pieces of: 35 Whelen, 30.06, 308, 270, 7PRC, 7 Rem Mag, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creed, 25-06 Ack Imp., 25-06 Rem, 243 Win, 223 / 5.56, 204 Ruger, 22 mag / LR / Short, 17 HMR. & pistols 45 Auto, 10mm, 9mm, 40 S&W, 380, 38 Spl, 357 Mag. (Mostly loaded, most of the rifle options I have a few empty brass for)

Only a few pieces: 257 Bob, 5.56x45 Blanks

1 each: 6mm Rem, 36 S&W (pistol)

I'm looking for live cartridges in anything not listed above, although I do have a few singles already that are for my collection and not listed above.
 
I can offer a 348 Winchester to a few folks.
I can also offer a 500 Linebaugh to a few folks.
Lefty, see my post above and see if I can trade a few of mine for 1 each of yours.
 
Great idea @PARA45 ... I have a cartridge collection started myself and enjoy adding to it.

View attachment 771193

A lot of this thread will be "honor system" - for example if you receive 1 piece but offer 19 up, it should be fair to ask for more later that might fit your collection without having to offer more each time. ... I believe most will ultimately offer more than they take.

@Safari Dave - I would take one of the 458 Lott if available, let me know if any of my offerings would work for your collection.

@Journey - are you offering a loaded 9.3x72, or an empty case? Same with the 280AI. I would take either/both in live rounds if you'd like to trade for something I have. See below.

Here's a list of some options I can offer up to anyone interested. Most available as either a live round or an empty case, but I did not look at all the boxes to be sure about having empties:

Shotshells: 12, 16, 20, 28, or .410 (live ammo)

Several Pieces of: 35 Whelen, 30.06, 308, 270, 7PRC, 7 Rem Mag, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 Creed, 25-06 Ack Imp., 25-06 Rem, 243 Win, 223 / 5.56, 204 Ruger, 22 mag / LR / Short, 17 HMR. & pistols 45 Auto, 10mm, 9mm, 40 S&W, 380, 38 Spl, 357 Mag. (Mostly loaded, most of the rifle options I have a few empty brass for)

Only a few pieces: 257 Bob, 5.56x45 Blanks

1 each: 6mm Rem, 36 S&W (pistol)

I'm looking for live cartridges in anything not listed above, although I do have a few singles already that are for my collection and not listed above.
Empty 9.3x72
Empty or live 280 AI - ill send you a live one. Want hand loads or factory?

Love this forum so happy to send stuff without getting anything in return on my part.
 
PM me for .458 Lott live cartridges.
 
Will be sending PMs to you members who mentioned willing to send some options.

Anyone else who wants/needs something from my list, just reach out.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,197
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top