Cape Buffalo, offset shoulder mount

Tim Blackwell

AH elite
Joined
Dec 16, 2011
Messages
1,062
Reaction score
3,537
Location
South Australia
Website
www.facebook.com
Media
366
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Europe
1
Australia/NZ
6
Member of
Australian Deer Association, Australian Association of Wildlife Artists
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Namibia, South Africa
I finally got my Cape Buffalo on the wall. I hunted this guy back in August 2022 with @KMG Hunting Safaris up in the Kruger area, on a fantastic, challenging hunt.

He's not the biggest bull but he is old and going white in the face, so I wanted to preserve that look.

20260821_192935.jpg
20260821_190236.jpg
20260821_190121.jpg
 
Nice old bull, I like the mount.
 
Looks like a Hauser form. I just mounted my '21 Zim bull on an offset Hauser but added a little more of the offside shoulder back on. I need one more piece to get completed before pics.

Nice mount as always.
 
Looks like a Hauser form. I just mounted my '21 Zim bull on an offset Hauser but added a little more of the offside shoulder back on. I need one more piece to get completed before pics.

Nice mount as always.

It is indeed, worked well with excellent detail. Thanks, look forward to seeing yours.
 
That’s a really, really nice looking mount. Well done.
 
Any chance you could get a side view picture?
I’m going on my first trip next May/June and looking at getting a shoulder mount for my buffalo.
 
Love the “old” look in his eyes and the other detail in his face. Very nice mount, congrats!
 
Any chance you could get a side view picture?
I’m going on my first trip next May/June and looking at getting a shoulder mount for my buffalo.

20260826_145155.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,285
Messages
1,571,699
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top