Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, DSC, SAHCA
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, RSA, USA, Hungary
I have 4 buffalo cows left to be hunted in the Sandveld Nature Reserve in the Free state of South Africa. Due to the reserve's rules, hunting may only be done Monday to Thursday, so ideally, a hunter should arrive in Bloemfontein on a Sunday afternoon, and spend the night there in a guest house, then leave very early on the Monday morning, to hunt Monday to Thursday. These cows are not tame, and are extremely spooky. On top of that, they spend most of their day in the reeds lining the Bloemhof dam, and only come out late afternoons to early mornings. This makes it quite a challenging hunt on the 36 000 acre reserve.
The hunt can be done between now and 31st of March 2019.
Either myself or Christo Crous will likely be the PH on the hunt, depending on dates. Total cost for this 4 day hunt is US$ 3 250. To add an extra cow, add US$ 2 000.
Local hunters and other outfitters are also welcome to contact me if they want to do these hunts themselves.

download (1).png
download.png
20180829_101453.jpg
20180829_104745.jpg

Smoking deal, Karl!

I will stop by your booth at DSC.

I’ve hunted in sandveld reserve those reeds are something else to hunt in took my first one with Coonie Muller great experience in 2013 a 41.5” 14 year ord bull and on his place this year 2018 another very nice bull of 42.5”.
Swirling Wind both time caused a lot of blown stalks but we got them
One in avatar 2018 bull

Last edited:
Great deal and some nice looking old ladies!

Hi Karl, I met Christo last year, when a friend of mine was hunting a buffalo near Bloemfontein, nice guy, very professional.

By the way, he was wearing one of your shirts ;)

Awesome place to hunt. The buffalo in my avatar measured 42.5. Day 3 stalked him out of a pan into the blue gums (in the background) and out the other side. Those reeds really can make it exciting. We stalked a bull through the reeds on Day 2 for hours-until the tracker grabbed my PH by the collar and pointed-bull was asleep 15 feet in front of us. The reeds were so thick we could barely make him out, and then the wind turned.....Great price on what I am sure will be a great hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazelhope123

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.