Cape Buffalo Boss Help

MMAL

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
Can someone enlighten me on the Cape Buffalo Boss. Specifically I look at pictures of buffalo and I see a hard boss buffalo that at least to me looks hard all the way across. Then I look at the caped out buffalo and I see a good spread between the bosses. See pictures below. Is the space in between part of the hide? If not what is it.

Thank you in advance for your wise wisdom.

st-2-l.jpg

st-6-l.jpg

PS. I took this photos off of a commercial website. That may be bad and if so I will replace.

Attachments

• st-2-l.jpg
    st-2-l.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 606
  • st-6-l.jpg
    st-6-l.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 320
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think Buzz (CMS) will mind.

I my experience, the vast majority of bosses never grow together. It's a genetic thing.

Look closely at your top picture and you can see the horn edge. It is very polished. The bark, dirt and mud make the living tissue between the horns appear the same color. I can see why you might think it's horn.

Both Hard Boss, still has tissue between the horns. The bottom bull is muddy but, if you look closely, you will see it is not hard horn touching.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 1.51.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 1.51.56 PM.png

Thanks Brickburn. I appreciate the response and info.

What Brick stated x2. It can always be rebuilt to your preference, The "boiling" WILL actually separate them more, even ones more SOLID that your pic, will open up some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FletcherJo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.