Candace Owens hunts in Africa

hey guys,

Candace Owens, a fairly recently married black conservative woman recently went to Africa for 10 days and..."got switched on!" she hunted a gemsbok, shot it at about 250 meters off the sticks and did a decent job relating the story. She is becoming one of us, and i recommend that you find her on a pod cast or the daily wire and hear her story.

pretty damn cool, she does a pretty great job describing what we all feel as we hunt or kill and animal and all the peripheral things that go along with hunting. here is an opportunity to give a "almost" non hunter kudos for breaking the code and becoming one of us. pretty cool stuff.
This is WONDERFUL to see! Imagine if more celebrities stood up for hunting. Candace definitely tells it like it is and holds nothing back. I'm going to check out the podcast for sure. It also gave me a great idea. I have been on a lot of hunting podcasts talking about my book as a non-hunter who came to understand the importance of hunting in Africa. But, her podcast would be a great one to target because she would have an entirely different audience. Sometimes non-hunters "turn off" as soon as they hear the info coming from a hunter...but may be more willing to keep an open mind when it is coming from a non-hunter. Wish me luck!

And final point. She shot it with a 6.5! Through the heart at 250 meters! However we are left to wonder and dream about whether it was a Creedmoor....... LOL
:ROFLMAO: either way, pretty sure the gemsbok didn't care.

you are right she could have been better informed, but, she is brand new to hunting and is doing the right thing AND shot her first animal at 250 meters off of sticks!!

I just finished listening to Candace's podcast. She may not have had all the facts exactly right but she did a great job of summarizing the gyst of why hunting is so important. It is thrilling to know that she is now an advocate for the continent we all love so much. Well done Candace!!!!

Maybe she could go encourage (or else expose!) African leadership concerning wildlife conservation....with the full media spotlight forced to watch.
An in depth look into the "wisdom" and likely results of Biden giving any African Nation money for green energy could be interesting to say the least. And especially South Africa.

my big thought is, here is a woman with a relatively large fan base/followers and she is able and willing to stand in front of them as a beginning hunter and say "this was cooler than i thought, more respectful than i thought and the future of game management". (my paraphrase) so, freaking good on her.

@Sue Tidwell, you should contact her and see if you can get on her podcast for a interview. and to you personally, welcome aboard.

my big thought is, here is a woman with a relatively large fan base/followers and she is able and willing to stand in front of them as a beginning hunter and say "this was cooler than i thought, more respectful than i thought and the future of game management". (my paraphrase) so, freaking good on her.

@Sue Tidwell, you should contact her and see if you can get on her podcast for an interview. and to you personally, welcome aboard.
Thank you so much for the welcome aboard. I appreciate that. YES, I would LOVE a the opportunity to be on her podcast! After listening to the podcast, I wrote a review thanking her for standing up for Africa and hunting…and for having the guts to do so. I left my email address on the review with an offer to send her my book. I couldn’t find anywhere on the website to contact her about a podcast. I am on vacation right now with my grandkids, but I am going to share her podcast on my social media and also tag her. Basically, I will see if I can get through to her on one of those places. I’ve been on a lot of hunting podcasts ….but it is really important to reach a whole new demographic of people. I got the best review today on Amazon from an anti-hunter! Somehow she didn’t know it was about hunting. She said parts were hard for her to read (as an animal lover) but she walked away with a 180 degree different view on hunting. I’m so excited when I reach people like this! Again, thanks for the encouragement and welcome to AH.

hey guys,

Candace Owens, a fairly recently married black conservative woman recently went to Africa for 10 days and..."got switched on!" she hunted a gemsbok, shot it at about 250 meters off the sticks and did a decent job relating the story. She is becoming one of us, and i recommend that you find her on a pod cast or the daily wire and hear her story.

pretty damn cool, she does a pretty great job describing what we all feel as we hunt or kill and animal and all the peripheral things that go along with hunting. here is an opportunity to give a "almost" non hunter kudos for breaking the code and becoming one of us. pretty cool stuff.
Candace Owens is an extremely bright and intelligent American Republican. It pleases me to here her speak and express her philosophies. She has great clarity of thinking and is an expert at interpreting leftist political (and irresponsible) tactics. As
Americans we are lucky to have her. Thank you Candace. Forge ahead! Did I forget to mention, she’s really good looking too. Brains, looks, tenacity and determination. You go girl!!!

Candace Owens is an extremely bright and intelligent American Republican. It pleases me to here her speak and express her philosophies. She has great clarity of thinking and is an expert at interpreting leftist political (and irresponsible) tactics. As
Americans we are lucky to have her. Thank you Candace. Forge ahead! Did I forget to mention, she’s really good looking too. Brains, looks, tenacity and determination. You go girl!!!
I agree! She is a real asset. And now that I know she hunts too, I need to try to get her a copy of Cries of the Savanna. Maybe she could help spread the word.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you