CANADA: Ruby Range Outfitters - Yukon

That is an awesome ram. Like Brick no number was needed to know that he was a great one. Good choice to pass on the first one. This one is a ram no one in the right mind would pass on. They live in beautiful country. Being prepared made it happen. Congrats Bruce

Man, that's some kind of cool.

Congratulations!

Sheep hunting is more like sex.
I thought you were going to say a lot of big talk about how long it will last, and then it's over very quickly :whistle:

Again that is a heck of a ram, congrats!

That's a great looking ram. I've been fortunate enough to know our one bio and Helped him load lots of horns for him to teach others to inspect and record them.

That's a true dandy!

I'm jealous. But you put the pre trip effort and getting in shape which I know goes a long way for sheep.

Congrats!! I always preferred thin horn sheep with tighter twists. Never been a flared out ram guy. It's a beauty!

Congratulations.....one hell of a ram!!

Aiden, Dustin and Evan are great guides! Even though they are younger, the three musketeers know their sheep.

Ross, well, what do you say. I don't know if I've ever met a more humble, honest outfitter. Just a great all around guy...........

Shotgun. Hands down the best horse they have. Love that horse!

I hunted with them in 2015 and 2016. Brother and I went in 2015 and he scored........I didn't :( Hunted together like a 2x1 hunt, but of course we each had our own guides (Yukon law). Was a tough pill ($$$) to swallow but couldn't control mother nature. Had rain, sleet, snow, you name it! Got the green light from momma to go again and was able to take a great ram with them in 2016.

Now the big question............Chili Mac??
Thoughts?

Again, congrats!

@Northman56751 You pretty much have it exactly right! I read your hunt report on AR probably 10 times! We didn't even have chili mac, we had too much other food to eat and we were afraid it would go bad. They actually brought cake along.

@Travis2282 Nosler 48 in 270wsm - I cried when they discontinued that model. It is Huskemaw Blue Diamond 3 x 12 on it. I had Turrets built for it. I absolutely love this combination. I might have it buried with me.

@gillettehunter I was thinking about you on this trip. There was a gentleman hunting with a replacement knee, I hope your recovery is going well. I enjoy your hunting reports too much!

LTD...................wonderful report. I liked the fotos very much. The ram is awesome. You worked hard and prepared well..................but you did have some great luck. I have been North many times, had huntable weather only once. Again...........congrats..................FWB

@flatwater bill So that is the biggest thing I have learned about sheep hunting, it is super weather dependent. I was told the only real advantage to hunting early August is usually you get more huntable days. The later hunts are better for movement and variety of species but each day weather becomes more and more of a factor.

A dream trip of mine!!!

7 weeks today on the new knees. I am doing well, but still a ways to go. I hope to walk well for hunting season. See the Dr Wed so I'll see what he says. Incisions have healed very well. They don't like stairs too much. Just going to take some time and work.. Again I love your ram. I'd like to have one myself. Might have to make a plan so to speak. Thanks for asking. Bruce

Awesome ram and great report and photos. It really brought back memories of my Yukon adventure from last year. Glad yours had a happy ending too!

Besides the caribou, did you see other critters? It's early for moose and they just seemed really scarce in August. Supposedly they get much more active in September.

Last edited:
Great ram!! Congrats on the hunt and thanks for sharing!

@375 Ruger Fan saw some cow caribou and saw a moose from the plane. Actually in the area I think you would be targeting. But it is still early, it sounds like you are exactly right, mid September is when things really get moving.

I just keep coming back to this picture and staring at the ridges and curl.
(You must have felt sorry for him being a left handed ram and all.)
IMG_20170802_150748043.jpg

Wow! What a trophy ram, congratulations. Any plans for a return trip or will you be hunting something different next time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg